This is a direct hire position.
Talis Group’s client is an established manufacturer of consumer equipment searching for a proactive and experienced Accounting Office Manager to lead the daily accounting functions while supporting the team at their metro Louisville, KY area facility. This is an excellent opportunity for a strong, proactive Accountant with 5+ years’ experience working in and leading a high-volume accounting team. Reporting to the Director of Finance the position is responsible for the oversight and support of all day-to-day accounting transactional functions (including AP, AR, routine GL entries, assisting with month-end close, financial reporting, supporting policies/procedures). Join this talented team and be a part of their continuous improvement culture. Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Support the timely and accurate processing of daily AP and AR transactions within the accounting office.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion and reconciliation of all business office accounts
- Train a customer-focused accounting team in areas of AP and AR
- Supervise accounting staff to ensure compliance with standard accounting procedures and company policies and practices.
- Research and provide problem resolution support on issues relating accounting office transactions (Internally/Externally)
- Assist with timely month end close process
- Support Director with financial data and analysis
- Encourage and participate in continuous improvement efforts within areas of control.
- Bachelor degree in accounting
- 5+ years accounting experience in manufacturing or distribution environment required
- Experience supervising and developing accounting staff required
- Basic business tax knowledge
- ERP system experience required
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Experience with EDI (electronic data interchange) transactions
- Strong work ethic
- Highly organized and detailed
- Exceptional written, oral, listening, presentation, influence, and interpersonal skills
Never worked with a recruiting company before? You're in good hands with Talis Group! If your skills and experience fit the job, we can give you the inside scoop on company and position.
This information is a brief job summary for recruiting purposes only and does not constitute the entire job description, duties or requirements for this position.
Talis Group is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates are considered based upon their skills, performance and potential, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.