Insurance Placement Solutions has an immediate opening for a Disability Claims Representative with our client in their Columbus, OH location. As a member of our client’s claims team, utilize your knowledge of short term disability claims to independently investigate, evaluate and resolve assigned claims in order to achieve appropriate outcomes. In this position, you will administer and resolve claims in a timely manner in accordance with legal statutes, policy provisions, and company guidelines.
- Analyzes, approve and authorize assigned claims and determines benefits due pursuant to a disability plan.
- Determines benefits due, makes timely claims payments and adjustments for short term disability.
- Informs claimants of documentation required to process claims, required time frames, payment information and claims status either by phone, written correspondence and/or claim system.
- Communicates clearly with the claimant and client on all aspects of the claims process either by phone and/or written correspondence.
- Refers cases as appropriate to supervisor and management while maintaining professional client relationships.
- Issues benefits in accordance with Disability Duration timetables.
- 2+ years experience handling short term or long term disability claims
- High school diploma (required)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (preferred)
Browse more Insurance Jobs on our website at IPSstaffing.com
IPS is an insurance staffing and recruiting firm dedicated to the insurance industry, including insurance claims jobs in the Columbus, OH area. Our services are designed to be a resource for clients to gain access to high caliber talent. Many of our clients do not have the dedicated manpower to quickly fill their temporary, temporary to hire or direct hire vacancies. That is where we come in. Our clients are able to utilize our services to maintain business-as-usual during unforeseen interruptions and fluctuating business needs. Plus, our candidates benefit from gaining backdoor access to highly sought after positions wi