To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1850 South Winton Road
Rochester, NY 14618
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Genesee Regional Bank • Rochester, NY
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Residential Mortgage Processor is responsible to process, coordinate and manage residential and retail loan processing with direction from Mortgage Operations Manager.
- Process residential real estate, home equity loans ,construction loans and retail loans while interfacing with Loan Officers, Underwriting, outside vendors (e.g., title insurance, mortgage insurance companies) and Borrowers
- Provide excellent customer service involving residential real estate loan processing
- Maintain knowledge of the secondary market automated systems for loan processing
- Submit loans for approval via automated underwriting systems
- Create and modify filing systems and checklists used to process real estate secured loans
- Review files for compliance including RESPA, Equal Credit and Fair Lending
- Assist Loan Officers,Underwriters and Closers with loan origination, underwriting, and closing of all loan files.
- Follow loans from application to closing; follow up on appraisal and underwriting conditions
- Regularly provide updates to borrower, attorneys, and realtors involved in the transaction.
- Cross sell Bank products, or refer to a Bank Specialist when appropriate
- Keep up to date on Bank Policies, Laws and Regulations that govern residential mortgage lending
- Utilize encompass to communicate effectively following the mortgage playbook requirements.
- Active participation in demonstrating the behaviors outlined in the GRB Experience.
- Serve as backup for home equity and consumer lending processor handling all aspects of processing
- Prepare reports as necessary
- Assist Retail Underwriting & Documentation Manager with Bank related assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s degree highly preferred.
- 3+ years residential mortgage processing experience required.
Provide a remarkable client experience. Greet clients with warmth, genuine interest and a smile.
Lead by example. Identify current or potential problems, take ownership and see them through to resolution.
Act as a unified team. Possess strong interpersonal skills including the ability to proactively communicate with and help others, within and across departments.
Ability to work independently. Seek and incorporate feedback on your performance from management, coworkers and clients.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
Demonstrated PC literacy.
Ability to manage multiple priorities.
Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills required.
Organizational skills and attention to detail are required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb stairs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is indoor and climate controlled. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Genesee Regional Bank is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME.