The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for developing and leading the supply chain strategy for a manufacturing facility in the Morristown, TN area. This is a consumer products company which has multiple U.S. facilities. The Supply Chain Manager leads the materials purchasing and scheduling group and directs the process which includes the planning of forecasted demand, materials procurement, production scheduling, inventory control, logistics, and distribution. He or she determines and administers policies and procedures that support shipping and receiving, tempering as well as the purchasing and storage of different kinds of materials, supplies, and equipment.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
· Effectively lead and mentor the materials procurement and scheduling group:
- Manage and lead the day-to-day activities to delivery customer delight efficiently and effectively.
- Train, develop, mentor and assist subordinates in the supply chain process.
- Ensure all planned controllable KPI materials goals are met or exceeded.
- Develops and maintains a process where materials necessary for production are received timely and ensure that the flow of raw materials and other process related materials remain consistent.
- Understand the manufacturing process to ensure production schedules are developed that efficiently and effectively meet customer demand.
- Communicate any foreseeable issues regarding the supply chain process to key personnel in procurement, manufacturing, logistics, and distribution.
· Drive Continuous Improvement:
- Provide leadership that promotes teamwork
- Facilitates rapid solution of problems, and avoids costly delays or disputes.
- Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management processes and best practices.
- Develop ERP & operations capabilities of team through mentoring, training, and coaching.
· Allocate, monitor, and adjust resources to meet changing delivery needs.
· Make decisions, challenge norms, and drive cultural change. Serve as a catalyst and manager of culture by stimulating change, confronting and challenging the status quo and relentlessly seeking simpler methods to provide customers with better products & services. Influence up and down the organization
- BS/BA degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Supply Chain or Materials role, at least 3 of which were in a management role.
- Experience in material logistics and demand management, inclusive of short-term and long-term capacity planning, material requirement planning, production scheduling and control related metrics.
- Direct experience implementing supply chain systems, vendor management and coordination for best efficiencies.
- Track record of improving inventory accuracy and turns while collaborating with Purchasing, Supply Chain, Sales and Production to improve OTIF (On-Time in Full).
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving/decision making skills; ability to make timely, effective, fact based decisions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite software (e.g. Word, Excel, MS project, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
Comprehensive benefits and relocation assistance.
Material Requirements Planning
Continuous Improvement Process