EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· BSEE or equivalent relevant Engineering / Technology degree required
· 5-10 years of custom controls and automated design of equipment / systems related work experience
· Understand PID control loops, servo controls, and variable frequency drives.
· Well organized with ability to prioritize and schedule own workload / project responsibilities.
· Experience as technical liaison with vendors / customer in both written and verbal forms.
· Experience with iFix SCADA and GE Historian, Visual Basic for Applications, PLC programming for Rockwell and Siemens PLC’s and associated hardware.
· Extensive knowledge of communication networks e.g. TCP/IP, Ethernet/IP, ProfiNET
· Understanding of relational databases (e.g. MS SQL).
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems including server based OS and Security policy settings.
· Knowledge of machine design, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical systems, motor controls and aseptic process machine production.
· Strong troubleshooting skills.
· Skills necessary for Hardware and Software integration will be refined on automated equipment used in manufacturing environments. A working knowledge of refrigeration and plant facilities would be preferred.
· 21CFR part 11 and ANNEX 11 knowledge is a benefit.
· Ability to work overtime and travel as needed – national and international.