The position is responsible for providing support for all business systems and applications deployed within SES. The function includes support via telephone, remote support and hands on, the helpdesk system and escalation of tickets to the second level where applicable and required.
- Ensure first level Incident logging and resolution, escalation to second level
- Ensure first level Service Request Fulfilment for IT Services
- Perform incident classification, prioritization, correlation with other reported incidents and matching against known errors and record all required Incident details in the Incident Management system
- Actively participate in the Global Service Desk support channels – global phone queue and global ticket system (ServiceNow) – respecting the agreed service levels for response and resolution time
- Provide support for various technical areas like Computers, fix and mobile phones, Printers, Applications, Conference systems, User account and access management, etc.
- Provide excellent technical assistance to end users with hands-on and remote methods
- Take ownership and responsibility for assigned Incidents, Requests or Tasks and follow them up until solved and keep the user up to date
- Document in writing as appropriate all resolutions for calls, incidents, requests, and task assignments
- Be available for after-hours support (on rotational basis) for end-user support
- Act as the primary Site Support contact for Manassas, VA. offices and be the Backup Site Support for Washington D.C.
- Provide local support to end-users and service owners for room video conference systems
- Participate as needed in ongoing IT Site Support projects
- Provide other support or tasks as assigned
- Ability to work independently and as a strong team player
- Be absolutely service and customer oriented
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Understanding of the Business and Business requirements as they relate to IT Support
- Ability to clearly explain complex technical issues to non-technical people
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Understanding of operational principles
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to embrace and facilitate changes
- Ability to work effectively under pressure without compromising professional standards
- Ability to document all work performed
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in in Information and Communications Technology (ICT), Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum three years of applicable working experience
- In depth knowledge of fundamental operations of software (MS Office/Windows 7/10), hardware (laptops, PCs, phones, printers, scanners, …) and other equipment
- Experience with ITSM tool (ServiceNow, BMC, HPSM, …)
- Excellent understanding of computer hardware and Operating Systems
- Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Excellent understanding of Active Directory including Domain, Group, User structure and rights
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office suite including Office 365
- Understanding of proxy environment
- Understanding of RSA Authentication
- Good understanding of Lotus Notes
- Good understanding of network topologies and network protocols
- Understanding of VPN concepts
- Excellent understanding of mobile technology
- Fluency in English, any other language is considered as an asset
- Willingness and ability for occasional travel
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
We are the world’s leading satellite operator with over 70 satellites in two different orbits, Geostationary Orbit (GEO) and Medium Earth Orbit (MEO). We provide a diverse range of customers with global video distribution and data connectivity services through two business units: SES Video and SES Networks.
View the full profile
Our global team works collaboratively to make a significant, and often life-changing difference in the world. As part of our team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision. At SES, we connect and enable broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers, and enrich the lives of billions of people worldwide.