Be a part of the Human Resources administrative team, and provide high-level support to Human Resources (HR) processes, including customer service to internal and external customers and direct support to the HR Team. This position will perform payroll and HR generalist functions.
- Associate’s degree in related field, such as Business, Human Resources, Accounting, Finance, and Information Technology. In lieu of an Associate’s degree in a related field, candidates must have an additional three years’ appropriate experience that may be considered as an equivalent.
- One or two years of related experience (payroll, office clerk, inventory, accounting clerk, etc.) in a professional business setting.
- Ability to communicate professionally, verbal and written, in a fast-paced office setting with a customer focus in dealing with sensitive situations in a discreet confidential nature.
- Proven experience applying college level math competencies with strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experienced and proficient in computer technologies, including software applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and other applications.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, such as Business, Human Resources, Accounting, Finance, and Information Technology.
- Demonstrated experience as a member of a team in a front office position that requires excellent customer service experience, strong work ethic and a positive attitude with the ability to exercise initiative and make recommendations within the scope of authority.
- Experience with effective multi-tasking demonstrated through solid time management skills and a high level of productivity.
- Experience with HRIS and/or applicant tracking and/or scanning software.
- PeopleSoft or Workday database experience or other related payroll software.
- Knowledge and ability to stay current with all mandated payroll laws in regard to state and federal regulations.
6-8 hours: performing repetitive movements, sitting, working indoors
4-5 hours: none
1-3 hours: bending, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching, standing, walking
Less than one hour: balancing, climbing, crawling, driving, kneeling, twisting, working at heights, working in temperature extremes, working outdoors
Lifting and Carrying:
Less than 10 pounds: 1-10 repetitions per hour
10-20 pounds: 1-10 repetitions per hour
20-50 pounds: Less than one repetition per hour
50-100 pounds: Less than one repetition per hour
More than 100 pounds: Less than one repetition per hour
Additional Physical Requirements:
Vision: Adequate with aid to read instructions, labels, documents, computer screens, and differentiate between colors.
Hearing: Adequate with aid to understand oral requests, telephone conversation, and PA systems.
Required Employee Program Safety Training:
Bloodborne Pathogen, Chemical Hygiene, Emergency Action Plan, Emergency Procedures, Ergonomics (Office/Workplace), Slips, Trips, and Falls.
Optional Employee Program Safety Training:
AED/CPR, Fire Extinguishers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to inquiries and provide information to employees and external customers.
- Review and revise department procedures to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Maintain confidentiality and compliance under relevant labor laws.
- Work as a team on recruitment, professional development, benefits, etc., to ensure all areas of HR and HR Managers are being supported and there is sufficient office coverage during all hours of operation, including assistance in other departments as the need arises.
- Maintain knowledge of HR and organizational practices, procedures, policies and systems to be able to make informed decisions using critical thinking to problem solve.
- Assist with the paperwork collection and processing of work assignments for adjunct faculty, work-study and/or student employees.
- Process time sheets and overtime pay, process payroll, issue and record adjustments to pay.
- Compile reports, statements, summaries, spreadsheets and queries related to pay and taxes; submit payment of state and federal taxes and new hire reporting to each agency. Create journal entries for finance.
- Balance period-end reports, reconcile issued payrolls, assist in handling tax payments, calculate garnishments, reconcile and pay insurance bills.
- Process contributions on-line, including appropriate invoice payments and journal entries.
- Assist with annual audit process, record payroll expenses, reconciliation of payroll accounts, develop accruals for year-end audit, maintain leave balances.
- Participate in professional development activities, including workshops and conferences.
- Other duties as assigned.
This listing is not inclusive of all duties and responsibilities, which may be assigned, but are only listed as typical. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
Hr Management Systems
Human Resources Information System (Hris)