Overview of the Accountant role:
• Review monthly field finance report reconciliation for assigned countries/projects field finance reports and supporting documentation/vouchers, bank statement reconciliation to G/L, AR, AP, prepaid expense, tax and payroll liabilities, accrued expenses, travel advance and settlement
• Ensure compliance with company, donor, and government regulations.
• Review field office wire requests to ascertain the reasonableness of the request and the availability of approved documentation. Relay any atypical request deviations to the Finance Manager for further clarification as necessary.
• Additional duties may be assigned.
Preferred Qualifications for the Accountant:
• Four-year undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related major or equivalent work experience.
• Familiarity with compliance to Federal Acquisitions Regulations.
• Strong proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel
• Knowledge and experience working with USAID and other major donors preferred
• Experience with Quickbooks
• preference with Spanish speaker