Title : Warehouse Associate
Location: Norristown, PA
Duration: 4-5 Months
Job Description: The Warehouse Associate performs receiving, stock keeping, picking, packing and shipping activities. Also responsible for counter sales, housekeeping and related quality assurance activities.
• Handle all incoming shipments.
• Perform verification of purchased products and enter order receipts into computer system.
• Perform quality assurance inspections when appropriate.
• Place received material, after segregating backorders, into proper warehouse storage locations. When appropriate, relocate and consolidate material and notify management of new bon/table locations.
• Pull, pack, weigh and label materials for shipment (including assemble & hold orders).
• Prepare bills of lading and express receipts.
• Assist in loading the trucks.
• Prepare local delivery records and complete applicable blocks on the pick ticket.
• Maintain appropriate forms pending return of material.
• Inspect condition of returned material prior to completing return authorization forms.
• Pull stock and return it to the correct location pending credit memo, sale or return to supplier.
• Clean warehouse and trucking/parking area.
• Assemble and disassemble bins, racks, shelves and tables as needed.
• Administer preventative maintenance programs to delivery vehicles and warehouse equipment to ensure proper functioning and safety practices for warehouse operations.
Qualified candidates MUST have prior warehouse experience (shipping, receiving, pick/pack, etc) on resume