● Work activities include developing emission calculations (criteria pollutants, hazardous air pollutants and greenhouse gases), gathering technical data from clients and through independent research, determining NSPS, NESHAP, and NSR/PSD requirements for emission sources, and assisting in preparing compliance and permitting documents.
● Collection and interpretation/evaluation of scientific data.
● Additional responsibilities will include working through various environmental databases and software and calculating emissions to determine health risk impacts using various emission models and documenting the results in a technical report.
● Candidate will work closely with Project Managers in implementing project tasks.
● Candidate must also be flexible and willing to support other non-air related projects as needed.
● Build and maintain successful client relationships.
● Work with clients to evaluate proposed projects for anticipated impacts, define type of environmental permits needed, and prepare proposals.
● Keep up to date and advise staff of regulatory and judicial actions relative to air quality rules in the solid waste industry.
● Must have a degree in Environmental Engineering or Science, or Chemical Engineering with 5-10 years of professional Air Quality Compliance and Reporting experience
● Must have a demonstrated knowledge of USEPA NSPS and various California Air Quality Management Districts' Rules and Regulations or similar experience in other states
● Experience in air quality models and environmental databases preferred
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
● Effective written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
● Strong attention to detail
● Excellent time management skills to manage multiple activities on an on-going basis by given deadline
● Experience in performing mass flow, heat input, and emissions calculations
● Familiar with conducting Emissions Inventories and Title V Reporting
● Experience with various computer software applications typically used within air quality disciplines including CalEEMod, AERMOD
● Experience with methods that meet district rules and regulations