To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
7660 Turfway Road
Cincinnati/Northern, KY 41042
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
LeanCor LLC • Cincinnati/Northern, KY
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
LeanCor Supply Chain Group is seeking Logistics Specialist to join our growing Operations Team. As a Logistics Specialist you will be utilizing cutting edge, proprietary technology and statistical techniques to execute daily tactical logistics operations, improve, improve network performance, and source new carriers. Additionally, the Logistics Specialist will be expected to advance LeanCor’s processes by improving the effectiveness and efficiency of standard work and enhance LeanCor’s capabilities through continued application of learning within the fields of lean and logistics. Logistics Specialists will be expected to interact with multiple contacts throughout the supply chain and multiple software tools on a daily basis.
- Lead carrier procurement activities from identification through on-boarding that help satisfy customer needs of cost, performance & service for their logistics network
- Manage carrier relationships to support customers through performance meetings and KPI reviews
- Lead strategic RFQ process across multiple modes of transportation for existing and prospective customers
- Utilize LeanCor’s proprietary TMS system to manage carriers, rates, and tender freight
- Benchmark and negotiate lane rates to ensure cost is aligned or better than market
- Study and understand market trends, seasonality, and how these things impact rates and carrier capacity
- Negotiate spot rates and cover loads utilizing LeanCor's Load Board and carrier contacts
- Utilize LeanCor’s proprietary software to route freight based on customer demand with the use of Lean processes and customer business rules.
- Manage daily routing plans and execute adjustments to optimize efficiency/cost
- Proactively solve problems by identifying gaps between current and desired future states and drive action to close gaps
- Use KPI’s to measure performance to standard work and customer network
- Perform upon additional route engineering & transportation duties as necessary
Position Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation, Logistics, or Business Administration preferred
- 1-5 years’ experience in Transportation/Logistics/Supply Chain, preferably carrier facing
- Knowledge of Transportation Management System applications, routing and dispatch software preferred
- Experienced problem-solving and process improvement skills
- Strong ability to negotiate and motivate
- Candidate must possess excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and have a strong professional presence
- Familiarity with Lean methodologies and tools
- Software: Microsoft Access and Excel skills for statistical analysis