The nurse manager will provide oversight, development, and direction to nursing staff in the programs consistent with clinical and regulatory requirements, and the service excellence mission of KentuckyOne Health. This position is responsible for continual regulatory readiness for CMS and JACO.
1. Responsible for oversight and leadership of the GI Motility Clinic.
· Manages personnel including direct reports
· Oversight of clinic daily operations, payroll activities, PTO requests, and daily staffing
· Works with medical providers to ensure to ensure flow of clinic to provide quality patient care
· Responsible for integrating and coordinating daily operations of the GI motility clinic
· Oversees operational activities: Works with employees, management, and physicians to develop systems and procedures necessary
· Provides information and support required by employees to solve problems and accomplish the objectives of the clinic
· Collaborates with members of the revenue cycle team (contracting, coding, billing) to optimize program financial performance.
· Maintains active communication among medical staff, interdepartmental directors and subordinate staff.
· Communicates concerns, operations, practice changes and medical-legal issues to administration, medical staff and surgery staff.
· Assists in annual department budget preparation
2. Personnel Management
· Collaboration with Human Resources for recruitment / retention of personnel
· Completion of annual performance appraisals and goal setting including performance improvement plans.
· Oversight of orientation and annual competencies
· Encourages personnel to participate in continuing education opportunities, attendance at national conferences, participation in professional membership organizations, and certifications.
· Knowledge of and compliance with hospital personnel policies
· Understanding of programmatic growth and impact on additional personnel needs with ability to provide data to support requested resources.
3. Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competence.
· Completes all required education and in-service programs each year.
· Attends all relevant or assigned meetings.
Demonstrates, maintains, and enhances personal, professional, and managerial growth and development through participation in educational programs, monitoring of current literature, in-service meetings, workshops, and continuing education.
· Possesses and cultivates the ability to think originally and reactively to assimilate, integrate, evaluate, and apply all of the data to questions and problems. Displays good problem solving skills.
· Establishes and meets annual individual goals which are developed to assist the department in achieving its established goals or projects.