Hiring Multiple Candidates!
MS-IL Staffing and Packaging has several new open Operations Supervisor positions in the Carol Stream, IL area and we need your help! Now hiring for multiple shifts. Pay begins at $20.00/hr.
Must have 5 years of supervisory experience in a warehouse setting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be responsible for the timely processing of all department activity including productivity, accuracy, and day end reports.
- Work closely with the Site Manager to control costs within the DC – labor, supplies, and inventory shrinkage.
- Be responsible for accurate employee records including daily time clock monitoring, discipline notification and attendance reports.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule which may mean extended hours as the work load demands.
- Manage the work flow to ensure the daily activities/demand related to the assigned department is met as expected.
- Manage, coach, train and counsel department employees.
- Conduct daily shift start-up meetings discussing the previous day’s performance, reviewing the expected workload for the day.
- Ensure a safe work environment by: observing and coaching employees; addressing potential safety hazards; maintaining a clean work area; monitoring condition of all equipment and ordering repairs; and participating as a permanent member of the Safety Committee.
Opportunities are waiting for you in the fastest growing industries. Start your career TODAY!
As an Operations Supervisor, you have:
- Three to five years related experience in a shipping/transportation operation
- Working knowledge of small package and conveyor systems. Ideally the candidate will have experience with USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, or OnTrac
- Problem Solving skills
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the activities of subordinates
- Ability to walk and stand more than 80% of the time with or without accommodations
- Ability to stoop and bend more than 80% of the time with or without accommodations
- Basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of your native language
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, or current maximum allowed by your current State, with or without accommodation
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends and holidays with little notice
- Prepare Receiving / Storage / Shipping documentations retaining product accountability throughout the logistical process.
- Aware of and follows location and work center Safety and Security policies and procedures.
- Working closely with logistics
- Stand, twist, turn bend and/or walk during shifts between 8 and 10 hours long
- Reach above the head, kneel, crouch, and/or stretch during shifts between 8 and 10 hours long (flex and part-time shifts may vary).
- Push and pull product during shift between 8 and 10 hours long (flex and part-time shifts may vary).
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists.
- Storage (Warehousing)