Ever dream of doing work that makes a difference? Here it is! We seek the talent of a dynamic IT professional who seeks to bring their A game to a collaborative team of talented professionals. You are not afraid to make impact where your opinion matters in a company that has a masterful, mature history that operates as best-in-class. You’re tired of working in silos on boring projects. Yes, we’re dynamic and we know it. Come join a world class team.
As the IT Technology Lead , you analyze, design, develop, test, document and lead the implementation of programs, applications and systems that meet business requirements. You participate in activities that affects availability, reliability, and functionality of systems, applications and services. You also provide application assistance to the business, operations and support teams as well as collaborate with the business in developing business requirements. You will work with a dynamic IT team that focuses on collaboration and teamwork. We are looking for a self-starter and problem solver who can tackle any project that comes their way. Your main areas of focus are ERP integration, Salsify Experience Management Platform, Magento eCommerce Platform, and Mobile Application Development and Management.
Let’s Unpack This – Who are we?
We are Munch's Supply , the leading wholesale distributor of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment, parts and supplies servicing the Chicago, Northwest Indiana and Michigan markets at 12 branch locations. But that’s not all. Through acquisition, we also operate five Tommark branches in Michigan, seven O’Connor branches in Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa and Missouri, three Comfort Air Distributing locations in Colorado and seven C&L Supply HVAC and Plumbing locations in Missouri, Kansas and Arkansas. We are on a roll and there’s no stopping us now!
Celebrating its 65th year in business in 2021, Munch’s Supply operates with a commitment to service as a leading distributor for trusted equipment brands such as American Standard, Trane, Mitsubishi and Rheem. We also represent products from more than 100 leading industry manufacturers with 10,000 SKUs in our full assortment. We are proud to be consistently ranked as a top 10 HVAC distributor in the United States.
With almost 600 employees across the Midwest, our commitment to service extends to our communities as well. The Munch’s Supply team supports an annual food drive at each of our branches each fall allowing us to directly impact our local communities. We are also a supporter of St. Jude Children's Hospital. Each year, employees and their families participate in the St. Jude Walk/Run to end childhood cancer. Working as a team, in 2020, Munch's raised just under $10,000—putting us in eighth place out of 191 teams in the Chicago area.
What’s in it for You!
A nice competitive salary for sure! On your first day, you’ll be eligible for a host of health benefits that include medical, vision, dental and life with AD&D insurance. We also offer short and long-term disability as well as voluntary life & AD&D coverage for yourself, spouse and children. Eligibility for the company's retirement savings plan (401k) is on the first of the month following 60 days of employment. And, if that’s not enough, you’ll accrue for paid time off and vacation at a rate equal to 3 weeks in your first year alone. You’ll have paid holidays, a great employee discount, employee assistance program, casual dress code, company paid dress swag, summer work hours, and much more!
Easy & Convenient Location!
We’re just off the Eisenhower I-290 about ½ mile north on Mannheim Rd.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Analyze, design, and develop new applications and application enhancements per business specifications and designs; creates technical and detail design specifications and documents deliverables.
- Keep abreast of current and emerging information technology trends and recommends new applications to meet business needs.
- Ensure existence and execution of unit, system, and integration test plans.
- Demonstrate proficiency in and assists others with tools, utilities, database access methods, and systems software.
- Participate in creating project plans with timelines, resolving problems with scheduling, controlling projects and ensuring deadlines are met.
Maintain proficiency with company computer systems in aspects related to job, such as data entry, messaging, call logs, data notations, queue updates, batching, or other job & office functions and requirements
- Lead small to medium projects; participates in projects of all sizes.
- Coordinate and lead third party application integration and support efforts.
- Create and prepares reports for management.
High School diploma or its GED equivalent and a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
- At least 7 years with in-depth experience in applications programming and design, knowledge of applicable programming languages, tools, and other applicable information technologies, knowledge of programming methodology, test plan development, development life cycle and testing methods, unit and system testing experience, and experience in leading projects as well as experience in business and application support.
- Ability to provide on call support as needed
- Some travel, mostly local.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint as well as have the ability to learn company enterprise systems – Solar Eclipse, etc.
- Must be organized, able to prioritize, set and keep deadlines, change direction quickly, and adapt to various work environments easily.
Must be able to work independently and at times discreetly, use sound judgment, and make thoughtful decisions in a timely manner.
Must be able to communicate well interpersonally, written, and in group settings as well as follow verbal and written instructions.
Must be able to work effectively in group settings through collaborative, solutions oriented, and win-win approaches.
We’re only a click away. Apply today. Come see what we’re all about! This is a full-time permanent position just waiting for you! We provide confidential, discreet review on all inquiries.
Job Type: Full-time
Java (Programming Language)
C++ (Programming Language)
Customer Relationship Management