Senior Financial Analyst
$65 - $75K
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client find their next Senior Financial Analyst. The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for assisting the Plant Controller with financial responsibilities for the Facility.
· Assist with the supervision and training of all Accounting Staff including personnel who perform general accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and payroll functions
· Integrate general accounting functions with MRP software - responsible for postings to the general ledger including journal entries and reconciling accounts monthly including responsibility for accurate month-end and year-end closing procedures
· Financial Statements – emphasis on timely and accurate assistance in the preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP including reporting package, intercompany, and consolidation activity
· Treasury – assist with managing daily bank activity, reporting balances, and fund transfers, etc.
· Bank reporting – assist with various bank reporting requirements
· Budgeting – assist with developing budgets and analyze and report performance activity measured against these targets
· Fixed Assets - maintain and report GAAP and tax information for fixed asset accounting records
· Profitability analysis – analyze, learn the business and determine profitability by business segment including training and explanation with internal managers regarding reports and analysis
· Provide information for sales with gross margins by segment, customer, part number, etc.
· Cost accounting – ensure costing accuracy and use the information to empower managers with business knowledge of costs by part for materials, labor, overhead and outside processing to be used for quoting new business, driving costs out of the business, etc.
· Inventory and Purchasing functions - Manage the physical inventories for raw materials, work in process and finished goods and establish cycle counting procedures that will maintain 99% accuracy
· Ensure that inventory items are properly valued at the lower of cost or market
· Determine adequacy of excess and obsolete inventory values
· Production reporting and analysis - analyze, develop and report on various metrics to help drive performance in various business segments including capacity planning, factory utilization, and variance from standards
· Establish and monitor internal control procedures
· Audit and Tax – assist with all audit and tax requirements as the business may experience
· Daily billing - oversee, analyze, and assist with the accuracy of charges posted on the general ledger for both intercompany and external customers
· Report writing – accurately download information from the MRP system and develop meaningful reports and analysis of activity
· B.S. in Accounting with 3 - 5 years of business experience
· Preferred areas of emphasis include:
o Cost accounting
o MRP system implementation
o Crystal Reports or equivalent
o Consolidating Financial Statements
o Merger and acquisition accounting
· Knowledge and understanding of general accounting policies, and processes.
· Knowledge and understanding of computerized accounting systems
· Knowledge of GAAP financial and accounting principles and internal control procedures
· Advanced skills in MS Office Excel, Access and Crystal Reports (or equivalent)
· Ability for multiple task management
· Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
· Skill in analyzing continuous quality improvement needs and opportunities and implementing responsive strategies and procedures
· Ability to analyze complex information, and to define and solve problems
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America - https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Use Statistical Method