Accountants One has been retained by a private equity firm to help them identify and hire a Controller for one their portfolio company located in Charlotte, NC.
The successful candidate will have a mix of public accounting experience out of college and corporate/industry accounting with small to mid-size companies. The successful candidate will enjoy the challenge of improving the accounting policies, procedures and thought-processes of an almost 40-year old company while being very hands-on involved in the daily and monthly accounting.
The ideal candidate is hungry, humble and smart. Hungry in that he or she is ready to proactively take on new challenges and pitch in as needed based on the demands of the business. Humble in that he or she is confident enough to say “I don’t know” when that is the case, ask for help when needed and give credit to others. Smart in an emotional way in that their interactions lift others up and inspire them to be better members of our team.
- Manage the day-to-day accounting staff handling billing, cash apps, collections, full-cycle A/P and payroll.
- Manage, review and prepare bank reconciliations.
- Manage and process month-end close, balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, financial analysis and monthly financial reporting package for the president, senior management team and private equity partner.
- Partner with sales manager and team to implement credit policies and improve customer collections.
- Manage 13-week, rolling cashflow forecast
- Implement best-in-class inventory reporting and accounting processes.
- Help leadership team improve processes and policies
- Help leadership team prepare and position the company for an eventual sale transaction, likely in the next two to three years
- “Athlete” mind set, confidence in taking on challenges
- Ability to think strategically and work as part of senior management team, while simultaneously being very hands-on with all aspects of the accounting function
- Proven ability to automate manual processes
- Excellent communication skills, ability to convince people change is a good thing and get their buy-in
- Accounting degree and active CPA.
- Three or more years of public accounting experience.
- Five or more years of industry accounting experience.
- Two or more years of management experience.
- Expert level Excel skills.
- NetSuite ERP experience highly preferred.
- M&A experience a plus
- Sincere interest in a hands-on role, involved in all aspects and details of a business to assist in preparing for a full potential exit and managing through the sale process