To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chautauqua County, NY 14701
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Industrial Electrician / PLC Technician
TxMQ, Inc. • Chautauqua County, NY
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Industrial Electrician – PLC Technician
Our client is seeking an Industrial Electrician / PLC Technician to join their 1st shift crew at their automated manufacturing facility in the Chautauqua county region.
SUMMARY: The Industrial Electrician / PLC Technician will work within the Maintenance department and will report directly to the Engineering and Maintenance Superintendent. The Electrical Tech Department is responsible for providing direct manufacturing production support to ensure daily production goals are met in a safe, efficient, and cost effective manner. The primary responsibility is to provide timely diagnostic and repair of all microprocessor controlled production equipment.
· Assist both the Maintenance Superintendent and Manufacturing Engineer as technical resource.
· Modifications and revisions to automation systems and production equipment, project cost estimates and sourcing vendors.
· Specify retrofits and replacements for obsolete or defective electrical or electronic systems.
· Assist in complying with OSHA and NEC workplace safety requirements.
· Develop extensive experience and application in machine logic programming with PLC software languages which include Siemens Step 5/7, Syswin, CX-Programmer, DirectSoft, and Visilogic. Learn to modify existing logic programs as needed to facilitate changing production requirements.
· Assist in the design, construction and installation of automated control systems. Work toward the goal of having the ability to build control panels or enclosures including component level wiring and machine interfacing.
· Supply drawings for fabrication work.
· Troubleshoot defective electrical pr electronic circuit boards or other components using test equipment. Proficient in technical problem- solving abilities.
· Must be able to combine limited manufacturing support with personal or in-house expertise in solving intricate technical issues
· Maintain back-up copies of critical software and files. Maintain operation instructions.
· Proficient in the use of internet resources to support both manufacturing reliability and changing technology.
· Knowledge of key vendor pages, technical references, and legacy equipment support sites. Maintain current vendor E-mail contacts.
· Initiate request for manufacture tech support.
· Specify, install, and maintain Operator Machine Interface Screens. Assist in retrofitting existing machinery as part of automation upgrades. Proficiency in the use of associated screen programming software including CTC, PanelBuilder, Interact, and EZtouch.
· Specify, install and maintain Variable Frequency Drives.
· Support Manufacturing Electricians in troubleshooting and repairing downed production machinery and equipment by assisting in identifying PC and PLC interfacing, on-line logic program queries, and identifying and sourcing repair parts. Maintain supply of critical parts on hand.
· Provide schematic drawings, machinery layouts, and operators instructions for all new and revised automation projects.
· Ensure correct labeling of operating switches and controls.
· Provide safety labeling of panel disconnect switches.
· Proficient in the use of associate drives programming and commissioning software including Gsoft, SimoConv, ComVins, DriveWizard, and SafLink.
· Specify, install and maintain Variable Frequency Drives.
· Install VFD drives as replacements for obsolete drives.
· Network PC drives together as part of a PC Control.
Work Schedule & Environment:
· This non-exempt role will have a schedule of Monday through Thursday, 5:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., OT when necessary, and is a non travel role.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a manufacturing environment
· High noise level
· Temperature fluctuates with season
· Works around forklift and large machinery
· Percentage of Travel –0%
· Percentage of Office –0%
· Percentage of Manufacturing –100%
· Percentage of Distribution –0%
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
· Constant heavy lifting
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Required to understand and communicate in English
· Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Electronic or Electrical Engineering, with a focus on automation and/or industrial application OR Associates Degree in the field of Electronic or Electrical Engineering, with two years of applicable experience.
· Background with computer software/hardware, operating systems, and programs a plus.
· Knowledge of AC/DC motors and drives
· Must be able to obtain Valid Forklift license through the company
· Ability to read and understand building blueprints and electrical prints
· Ability to work closely with a team of professionals of multiple disciplines. Ability to give and welcome constructive feedback.
· Ability to communicate effectively and explain complex technical issues
· Demonstrate consistent accuracy under pressure.
· Achieve and maintain a high-standard of quality throughout all tasks
· BACKGROUND AND DRUG SCREEN REQUIRED
MATH & PROBLEM SOLVING:
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations; Read, analyzes, and interprets professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; Effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors, superintendents, and managers; Define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables; Process control knowledge, such as temperature controllers, counters, indicators, and recorders; Use computers, and be familiar with computer repair, both software and hardware
· Treat others with respect and uphold organizational goals and values
· Observe safety and security procedures
· Must be able to follow instructions and respond to management direction and suggestion.
· Must be motivated to continually improve their skill. Must be self-starter
· Must manage time effectively and multitask.
· Must be able to meet commitments and deadlines
· Serve to support staff already in service, with growth responsibility over time, as skills progress.
· Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Hiring range hourly and based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
· Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for immediate consideration.
· Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions