Shift Lead 2nd shift Monday-Friday 3:30pm-12am
Benefits available: Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K Shift begins at 4:00pm
Under the direction of plant management, this position performs all aspects of the overall productivity, quality, safety and continuous improvement process in the Space Dye department, in order to assist with the production of the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Arrive at work 30 minutes before shift change to communicate with the on-duty shift lead about any special circumstances or conditions that need to be addressed.
· Makes sure all employees are on their job at the beginning of the shift with the proper tools and information needed to perform their job.
· Communicate with each employee about expectations for the day and any special circumstances (i.e., team meetings, rush lots, quality issues, etc.).
· Perform daily safety inspection to assure that safety procedures are being followed.
· Makes sure all products are being labeled correctly.
· Makes sure all employees are following job procedures correctly.
· Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work environment throughout the department.
· Observe all safety and quality procedures while completing required duties.
· Perform all other tasks as assigned by management. If necessary, employees may be asked to assist other employees and/or temporarily fill-in or act as a back-up for a position that is different from the employee’s usual position, provided he/she is able to perform the physical demands required by the alternate position. Due to the nature of the production flow through the plant, employees may be cross-trained in other departments so that they will be able to work a full-time schedule during low production demands in their home departments.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. One to three years of related experience and/or training preferred.
· Manufacturing experience preferred.
· Ability to learn computer programs (i.e. inventory and manufacturing software and spreadsheets.)
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to complete daily reports and correspondence.
· Ability to coach and train new employees as needed.
· Ability to work well autonomously as well as within a team environment while achieving a common goal.
· Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors.
· Strong organizational and time management skills with good attention to detail, and ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects/tasks.
· Must have and be able to display analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to make quick and accurate decisions in order to correct quality issues.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to use formulas to convert weights and measurements (i.e. converting grams to pounds.)
· Basic computer skills.
· Knowledge of inventory management.
· Must have or be able to obtain forklift operator certification.
· Legible handwriting to complete paperwork.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Ability to solve practical problems that deal with several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Committed to conduct all work in a safe manner.
· Strive to deliver superior quality products and services.
Complex Problem Solving
Attention To Detail