PTAG Inc. is a rapidly growing Project Advisory and Consulting company and is currently seeking Control and Protection Engineers to assist with its utility clients to plan, design and manage the execution of various Electrical Utility projects including rebuilding, expanding, and upgrading of existing aged substations, distribution, and transmission lines in the state of Maine. These Utility assets are being upgraded to the latest standards to increase capacity, reliability, and security. These projects are estimated to take 3-5 years to complete. Must have Distributed Generation (DG) experience.
Location : Augusta, ME, (working from home until after COVID)
Type of Employment : Full time
- Understand and abide by Company and Client’s Safety requirements.
- Perform detailed review of all existing protection schemes present in the subject area to incorporate into new design. Special areas of focus are anti-islanding schemes, generator intertie settings, SPS schemes, etc. (anything outside of normal). Basically, the goal is to ensure that we don’t remove required protections already in place or at least be aware of how things work today before we modify existing schemes.
- Lead overall protection design for all capital projects and define relay protection functionality/scheme in accordance with standards.
- Review contractor provided relay settings, logic diagrams (including Goose messaging diagrams), and operational descriptions for all capital projects.
- Review/perform area relay coordination and determine what level of area coordination is required/needed (based on changes in fault duty and overall system performance due to the project changes).
- Review contractor provided relay settings for all temporary builds and construction sequence steps including mobile settings.
- Review/provide input to Owner’s Aspen model changes as required for individual capital projects.
- Provide design support during implementation/testing and commissioning of the above the items.
- Provide feedback to Clients on existing TM standards and help refine the Client’s design practices.
- Ensure all as-built documentation gets filed appropriately in the plant filing location.
- Lead overall automation and integration design for all capital projects.
- Review/design SCADA point indexes, Protection settings and settings basis, IED Data Maps
- Review contractor provided HMI screens/settings for all capital projects.
- Review/create substation level operational descriptions (HMI operation, relay front panel operation, etc.).
- Review automated maintenance data gathering (Digital Substation Data) point lists.
- Track all required licenses/firewalls and key automation and integration deliverables needed for project implementation.
- Provide design support during implementation/testing and commissioning of the above items.
- Perform constructability review and ensure adequate automation and integration coverage is available for each outage step (SCADA etc.)
- Demonstrating behavior that reflects professionalism and respect and represents Company’s best interests.
- 7 years or more of relay/protection settings engineering experience.
- Familiarity with major equipment suppliers.
- Familiarity with applicable industry standards including the National Electric Code (NEC), National Electric Safety Code (NESC), and IEEE.
- Experienced with preparing specifications and scope documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or electrical engineering technology.
- IEC 61850/Goose (power systems communications) experience required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
PTAG is growing and seeking professionals who want to join a fast paced, innovative, and team-oriented Program Management Firm. We are driven to help our clients find opportunities for consistent and constant improvements of their Capital and Sustainable Programs. PTAG is a Registered Provider of the Construction Industry Institute which underscores our commitment to help the Power & Utilities, Oil & Gas, Chemical, Mining and Heavy Infrastructure sectors achieve increased project certainty, productivity, and desired outcomes. We are seeking likeminded professionals who want to join us on our journey to build lasting, and value-driven relationships with our clients.
- Ensuring fire protection and fire safety
- Solve fire protection system problems
- Assisting administration of fire protection programs
- Applying fire protection engineering principles and procedures
- Reviewed for fire safety and fire protection code compliance
- Provide training for younger fire protection engineers
- Perform work related to fire protection design related work
- Serve as team lead for fire protection engineering support surveys and acceptance tests conducted on new and rehabilitated fire protection engineering systems
- Perform analysis of existing fire protection systems, as well as design new fire protection systems including suppression systems, fire detection, alarm and communication systems
- Provide daily fire protection related operational support
- Maintaining customer standards dealing with relay protection
- Perform all conventional aspects of fire protection design and development
- Permit for and inspect the installation of fire protection/detection systems
- Perform fire protection analyzes and reviews of design and construction submittals
- Supervise professional staff in the fire protection plan review process
- Maintaining fire protection design control and providing technical support
- Perform standard fire protection design tasks such as sprinkler design criteria specification, preliminary hydraulic calculations, fire pump selection, and fire alarm system layout
- Provide fire protection engineering technical expertise to the Government, advising on designs and calculations pertaining to fire protection, including fire sprinkler, fire notification, and mass notification
- Ensure fire protection, detection and prevention practices and procedures
- Review all design and changes related to fire protection, detection and penetration fire seal designs
Computer Control Systems
Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (Scada)