SUMMARY OF POSITION: The goal of the Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support to the NYC Office Operations team daily, as well as manage a variety of office/facilities tasks. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, managing the facility and supporting other company events as needed. This role will wear many hats as well as contribute to the company's overall mission to protect the rights and welfare of human subjects involved in clinical research.EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree (business related degree preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an office environment.
- Must have advanced knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
- Previous travel planning and events planning experience is required.
- Key attributes for this position include flexibility and good attitude.
- Must demonstrate discretion at all times.
- Must possess the ability to work independently and responsibly.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment; meet strict deadlines.
- Must have demonstrated initiative and be a self-starter.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and possess attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Provide administrative support to the Clinical Operations team on a daily basis; prepare background information in preparation for their professional commitments; keep executive calendars, including determining priority of follow-up items; make travel arrangements; oversee and/or coordinate arrangements for meetings; anticipate needs of Clinical Operations team; screen, prioritize and distribute calls, mail, and e-mails.
- Provide office administration support to include managing building maintenance requests and conference room coordination.
- Manage correspondence generated by the Clinical Operations team. Produce or oversee the production of letters, e-mails, memos, meeting notices, reports, schedules and other documents from rough drafts, notes or transcription; take and transcribe meeting minutes; gather information and finalize meeting agendas.
- Collect and analyze a variety of specialized data as necessary to prepare and maintain routine and ad hoc reports, as directed.
- Insure confidentiality and professionalism in dealing with all company issues.
- Proofread and coordinate distribution of all outgoing correspondence.
- Provide administrative support to other members of senior management team as needed.
- Serve as Receptionist.
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling required transactions.
- Assist with event planning and organize meetings as needed.
- Responsible for the overall facility; cleaning needs, supplies, equipment etc.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor. These may, on occasion, be unrelated to the position described here.
Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the position.
Attention To Detail
Taking Meeting Minutes
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Perennial Resources International is a full-service search and staffing firm whose mission, quite simply, is to serve the personnel needs of our clients. Education, qualifications, skills, references, experience, demeanor, ethics and personality are all carefully examined by our counselors to ensure a perfect fit. We conduct C-suite (CEO, COO, CFO) searches for leading corporations… fill specialized slots at various organizational levels in a wide range of industries… provide thoroughly screened and reference-checked temporary staffing... even find experienced personal assistants for individuals who demand the utmost discretion.
View the full profile
Perennial Resources International offers services in temporary, temp-to-hire, direct hire and executive search in industries such as Human Resources, Information Technology, Accounting and Finance, and Administrative Support.