JOB TITLE: Financial Planning & Analysis Specialist
REPORTS TO: VP and Head of Finance - DSS
Barnes & Noble Education enhances the academic and social purpose of educational institutions. Through Barnes & Noble College, our flagship business, Barnes & Noble Education serves more than 6 million college students and faculty members on 773 campus stores nationwide, delivering essential educational content and tools within a dynamic retail environment. We act as a strategic partner to improve academic outcomes; provide value and support to students and faculty; and create loyalty and retention, all while supporting the financial goals of our college and university partners
BNED Digital Student Solutions (DSS) is seeking a Financial Planning & Analysis Specialist in our growing New York office, focusing on tech/digital products. The Specialist will serve as a primary point person supporting senior management in all budgeting and forecasting related areas. The incumbent will have a good understanding of direct-to-consumer subscription business models and apply the knowledge to forecast subscribers, revenue and costs on a continual basis. This position requires a self-starting financial professional capable of juggling multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing environment. As the Financial Planning & Analysis Specialist, your success will have a significant, immediate impact as senior leadership depends heavily on the finance group to accurately model and help drive business decisions. This is an exciting opportunity for someone in FP&A looking to grow their career in the tech and digital space.
- Develop near-term and long-term P&L and cash flow forecasts
- Develop insightful presentations that summarize data and facilitate decision-making for senior management
- Work closely with product, marketing and content teams to evaluate business impact for new product initiatives to support Product Roadmap prioritization
- Lead retrospective analysis and deliver presentations that that will measure performance and business impact on product, content, marketing initiatives post-launch
- Provide timely business and financial support for key business decisions that will increase subscriber growth and improve user engagement and retention
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Complies at all times with the Standards, Policies and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics as outlined in the Employee Handbook
Include the minimum education and/or experience necessary to perform the job, as well as any other requirements or qualifications (i.e., certifications, technical skills, physical requirements, travel and scheduling flexibility).
- 1-3 years of extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature, preferably Business, Economics, or Mathematics
- Superior proficiency with MS Excel & complex financial modeling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intense attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast paced and dynamic environment with a high degree of personal accountability
- Self-starter - demonstrating high energy/creativity, relentless customer-focus, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Sound working knowledge of the related accounting guidance preferred
- Experience working with relational databases, regression analysis and data manipulation preferred but not required
Barnes & Noble Education is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Master Of Business Administration (Mba)