To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cincinnati, OH
- Deborah Johnson
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Inside Sales Manager
Genesis Global Recruiting, Inc. • Cincinnati, OH
Posted 24 days ago
Inside Sales Manager
The Inside Sales Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction to a team of inside sales professionals toward meeting company objectives in the areas of new sales revenue, retention revenue, growth of base business and market penetration.
1. Meet or exceed monthly and annual sales goals and expense control objectives
2. Determine the long- and short-term goals and direction for the branch based on overall organizational strategy.
3. Know the key accounts within assigned territory, understand their needs and build and use relationships in those key customer accounts to grow sales and revenue
4. Identify competitive threats and develop effective countermeasures
5. Collaborate with Sales, Segment, Marketing and Product teams to optimize utilization of resources
6. Develop key contacts and business relationships with members of the business unit and key support providers within the Client organization
7. Develop and deliver an effective branch business plans, including accurate revenue forecasts
8. Ensure skills of our sales professionals are in line with the demands of the marketplace and company sales objectives, including product knowledge, key process knowledge, knowledge of the competition, sales techniques, relationship building, making effective sales presentations and negotiation skills
9. Translate company and departmental sales objectives into sales programs and initiatives
10. Attract, recruit, and retain top talent. Motivate and lead a high performance sales team
11. Provide leadership and management to ensure adoption and practice of the Reed Elsevier core values.
12. Define measurable expectations of each role within the branch. Evaluate performance against expectations of all staff.
13. Utilize and reinforce all required sales processes, tools and systems
14. Other duties as assigned
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
2. At least 7 years of demonstrated successful sales experience preferably in a complex solutions or B2B environment
3. 5 or more years of proven inside sales leadership and management experience
4. Strong leadership and team building skills
5. Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment and across the organization to achieve group and organizational goals
6. Understanding and expertise in computer hardware and software including Windows XP, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and the Internet
7. Strong time management, organizational and forecasting skills
8. Strong oral and written communication skills as well as presentation skills
9. Solid negotiation skills and the ability to network effectively both internally and externally
10. Strong business and financial acumen/Executive level communication and presentation skills
11. Requires local or overnight travel
12. Ability to lift/carry laptop or IPad and other sales materials up to 25 lbs
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."