This position is responsible to effectively and efficiently handle claims support specialist responsibilities within the Agribusiness (AG) Operations. This includes providing exceptional customer service.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible to accurately and promptly establish new claims, as reported, within the claims system for the appropriate line of business.
- Communicates with Customers, Agents and others to obtain new loss and policy information pertinent to the claim.
- Assigns new claims by geographic territories and claim specialization to appropriate claims personnel timely, and alerts the claims management team of critical losses.
- Claims support specialist responsibilities also include but are not limited to the following: ensuring the timely handling and accurate electronic routing of incoming mail to the proper recipient; assembles outgoing mail with attachments; assists with our customer satisfaction survey and complaint handling process within the claims department; efficiently and effectively handles customer service inquiries and issues; handles claims support requests; performs various claim system activities, user testing, and financial transactions within authority.
- Consistently demonstrates claims support technical proficiency, attention to detail, and customer service excellence, requiring normal supervisory oversight and direction.
- Effectively and efficiently handles claims support specialist responsibilities within appropriate timelines, including special projects assigned.
- Handles claims support specialist responsibilities by phone, e-mail, mail, or in person.
- Consistently maintains professional and appropriate demeanor.
- Ensures office equipment and common work areas are kept clean and organized, and office equipment properly restocked.
- Monitors and handles the distribution of claims related supplies as necessary.
- Consistently complies with state and federal laws and regulations, company best practices, corporate values, and communications.
- Embraces ongoing training opportunities and self-development.
- Evaluates self-performance in accordance with established corporate standards and policies for performance appraisal.
- Responds positively to direction and feedback regarding performance.
- Strengthens operational performance within the claims support department by recommending claims initiatives, efficient processes and procedures, and delivering exceptional claims service in response to customer needs.
- Applies principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Works productively and harmoniously with others on a consistent basis, including Agency partnerships.
- Consistently maintain professional and appropriate demeanor.
- Respond positively to direction and feedback on performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Related Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for accurate timecard reporting of all hours worked. This includes overtime hours, if subject to prior notification and approval by management.
- Responsible for proper use and maintenance of assigned company equipment in accordance with company policy.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years relevant claims support & / or customer service work experience.
- Strong written and verbal communications, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to analyze data and interpret basic to moderately complex claim information.
- Competent with MS Office suite of products and typical office equipment.
- Able to demonstrate appropriate knowledge of the claims process, technical claims support issues, procedures, and best practices.