Shift Supervisor / Youth Residential Care
We are looking for dedicated staff to work within our Victory House youth residential programs division in Greenfield, Massachusetts. The Shift Supervisor is an evolution of the Direct Care II staff and is expected to continue to fulfill all expectations of a DCII. In addition to those expectations, the Shift Supervisor will take a leadership role while reporting to the Assistant Director and Program Director. The Shift Supervisor will maintain a therapeutic environment within the residence, this includes meeting the needs of the client in the following areas: safety, medical, emotional, food, clothing and shelter; supervise Direct Care/Relief Workers in those areas and provide support and training as needed; maintain consistent manner in implementing reasonable limits and structure for each client on a daily basis in the residence and in the community; maintain contact with families and collaterals as needed.
: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, overnight, weekend & per diem shifts are available:
*New Hire and Employee Transfer Bonus:
$250 after 3 months of employment; $500 after 6 months of employment
$750 after first year of employment; $500 every 6 months thereafter! ::*
I. Duties & Responsibilities:
· To provide leadership to their shift and ensure that applicable rules, policies and procedures are being followed; supervise housekeeping.
· To implement each client’s individual Level Plan objectives under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor and Program Supervisor.
· Ensure all necessary documentation for shift is completed accurately and submitted for review.
· To act as a client advocate and promote safety; deal with conflict resolution.
· To provide appropriate, safe responses to emergency situations when necessary.
· To develop strong, supportive relationships with the clients and employees.
· To recognize that ethnic and cultural diversity of each individual must be valued and respected.
· Access, plan and implement crisis interventions with clients.
· To notify Program Director immediately in the event of a client crisis, suspected illegal activity or any behavior constituting an incident in the program.
· Implement and organize a variety of appropriate recreational and social activities.
· To assist clients with activities of daily living, including but not limited to transport, food shopping & preparation, housekeeping, banking, appointments, etc.
Administrative Responsibilities/Record Keeping
- Knows and understands all pertinent aspects of Agency policies and procedures.
· Responsible for any cash purchase as assigned by Director or designee
· Knows and understands EEC licensing requirements as they apply to their shifts.
· Attends and participates in all required staff meetings and training sessions.
II. Job Requirements
· Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
· Displays sound judgment; Good communication skills both verbal and in writing.
· Ability to master First Aid, CPR, Defensive Driving, Fire Safety and Administering Medication.
· Works well as a team member, provide direction for direct care workers during assigned shifts
· Seeks and uses management staff for training and supervision.
· To attend all staff meetings and all trainings as required by the funding source and/or the Agency.
· Ability to deal with diverse population at varied levels of management
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or 2 yrs. related field preferred.
· Demonstrates excellent leadership skills; Prior supervisory experience.
· At least two years of experience in Human Services working with adolescents.
· Must have valid driver’s license
· Must meet Agency requirements for driving history records.
III. Program and Staff Success Factors
· To be flexible in accommodating forty (40) hours of work per week in order to adapt to the hours required for the program’s operation as planned and requested by the Program Director.
· To provide supervision as indicated of the consumer’s prescribed medications and record this in his/her progress notes.
· To work closely with Direct Care Staff to better coordinate and service the consumer.
· Represents Agency in a professional manner.
· Represents Agency in a professional manner; ability to maintain proper attendance.
· Patience and compassion; high energy level; self-initiated.
· Performs well under stress and in the event of a crisis.
· Dependable, committed and motivated; Organized and efficient
· Ability to maintain good attendance
· Retirement Plan 403(b)
· Health Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Paid vacations
· 11 paid holidays
· 8 discretionary days a year
Please forward your Resume/CV to the emails provided. For additional inquiries, call our office 413-736-8329 ext 1038.