To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Baton Rouge, LA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Dupre Logistics • Baton Rouge, LA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Dupré Logistics, LLC is currently seeking a Software Engineer to support our Information Technology department in Lafayette, LA. The Software Engineer’s role is to design, execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. This includes configuring, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle. The Software Engineer will also oversee system startups in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide support to other departments where required.
· Collaborate with analysts and designers in the development and initiation of new software programs and applications.
· Oversee the quality assurance of program logic, data processing, and error resolution.
· Develop an awareness of programming and design alternatives.
· Take an active role in cross-departmental projects when needed.
· Direct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
· Interact regularly with managers, clients, vendors, and agencies to field queries and questions.
· Research, document, and implement program requirements and specifications.
· Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
· Run and monitor performance tests on new and existing software for the purposes of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
· Administer diagnostic analysis of test results and deliver solutions to critical areas.
· Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application development best practices.
· Gather statistics and prepare and write reports on the status of the programming process for discussion with management and/or team members.
· Determine, develop, and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
· Install software products for end users as required.
· Liaise with company’s software and hardware suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
· Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, programmers, and other software engineers to resolve any defects in products or company systems.
· Write and/or delete programming script to enhance functionality and/or appearance of company Web site and Web applications as necessary.
· Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades for optimal performance of company workstations.
· Train, manage and provide guidance to junior software development staff.
**Relocation assistance available for qualified applicants**
Dupre’ Logistics is a fast growth transportation & logistics provider that is adding to our organization in order to meet and exceed these goals:
· provide safe service that’s profitable
· continue to profitably grow our business
· be the employer of choice
· be a career destination rather than a stepping stone on your career path
We have an excellent compensation package: competitive salary, insurance, retirement, training, and opportunities for advancement.
· Four-year college diploma or university degree in software engineering or computer science, and/or 4 years equivalent work experience.
· Technically fluent in programming languages and platforms including Force.com, Visual Studio (C# preferred) and Ruby on Rails. RPG familiarity or experience is a plus.
· Extensive database and operating systems experience with Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, Windows Server and OS400.
· Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
· Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Adept at conducting research into software-related issues and products.
· Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
· Strong written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, customer service skills, and attention to detail.
· Highly logical, self-motivated, and directed.
· Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.