Long-Term Contract position
Looking for a high-energy, passionate and adaptive team player with great work ethic to join our Information Technology team as a Java Engineer.
Company’s 200+ person IT department is working on some of the largest and most challenging custom development projects in the Chicago and Milwaukee areas. We are undertaking an impressive modernization initiative to replace our legacy systems. Working at this company is a rare opportunity to use a combination of the latest technologies, best-of-breed software packages and custom development to deploy a refreshed code base. Whether we're improving our customer experience or supporting our internal business units, we seek to do it the best way.
● Design, develop and maintain complex, shared Enterprise Java services – security, logging, common APIs and enforcing coding standards.
● Design, enhance and maintain Spring components such as Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Integration, Spring Data and Spring Security.
● Develop and monitor large scale distributed systems using modern tooling, such as Spring Boot, WebSockets, Consul and ELK.
● Optimize industry standard continuous integration pipeline using tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory and Git for build automation. Enhance the existing CI/CD pipeline for containers and cloud-native deployments.
● Apply industry best practices, patterns and techniques to object-oriented software analysis and design.
● On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
● First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
● Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
● Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers
● Bachelor's degree in IT or related major.
● 3+ years Java development experience.
● Strong Java / J2EE experience and a sound understanding of Java container internals (Tomcat and/or Jetty).
● Working knowledge of microservices architecture.
● Good knowledge of Spring, JPA / Hibernate, service discovery and REST.
C Sharp (Programming Language)
Java (Programming Language)
Sql (Programming Language)
Extensible Markup Language (Xml)
Visual Basic (Programming Language)