Senior Accounting Associate opportunity to join a well versed and dynamic team. Primary responsibilities would be oversight of client records; maintaining and reviewing international portfolio reporting records.
• Support day to day investment operations
• Ensure accurate and timely recording of general journal entries
• Monthly reconciliation of cash accounts
• Quarterly reconciliation of investment positions and fair market values
• Prepare and maintain supporting schedules and provide initiatives to streamline accounting processes
• Interact with investment managers to resolve questions and reconciliation of differences
• Generate quarterly GAAP financial statements, accompanying notes, and supporting schedules
• Work with external auditors and tax accountants
• Oversight of monthly client custodian record-keeping and review updates to Strategic investment book of record
• Assist and support client’s investment portfolio, discrepancies and fair value accounting tables
• Recalculation of all client SMA sub-manager and custody fees.
• Assist in various other ad hoc projects and requests including investor relations
• Minimum three (3) years experience; Public accounting (preferably with Big 4) or fund accounting experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a discipline such as accounting or finance
• CPA a preferred
•Understanding of and desire to learn more about investments, funds, hedge funds, and multiple
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Performance/Portfolio reporting experience a plus.