· Associates degree in an Information Technology area or equivalent experience.
· Minimum of 2-4 years of experience required as a Network Administrator or Engineer.
· Cisco CCNA or CCNP certification, or equivalent certification from Juniper or Extreme/Brocade a plus
· Extensive knowledge of routing protocols including OSPF and BGP required.
· Experience deploying and managing MPLS networks.
· Understanding of MetroEthernet (MEF) technologies and deployment methodologies required.
· Basic understanding of DWDM technologies, configurations, and designs required.
· Knowledge of network address translation and policy based routing required.
· Knowledge of IPSec required.
· Extensive knowledge of switching technologies (802.1Q, STP, RSTP, PVST+ etc) required.
· Knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP and other basic protocols is required.
· Ability to generate and interpret packet traces via Wireshark and/or tcpdump to diagnose and troubleshoot required.
· Knowledge of multicast routing protocols such as PIM as well as IGMPv1, v2 and v3 required.
· Knowledge of IPv6 required.
· Knowledge of firewall technologies and the ability to generate rule sets required.
· Knowledge of wireless Ethernet technologies (802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.1x) a plus.
· User level working knowledge of Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux or CentOS Linux a plus.
· Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work under pressure with a diverse team.
· Ability to work under minimal supervision.
Other Qualifications and/or Duties:
• Ability to work under pressure with a diverse team.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Valid driver’s license, with proven good record within Atlantic Broadband guidelines.
• Attendance and punctuality are both essential functions of this position.
• Travel required.
• Other duties as required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.