To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1240 Cabelas Drive
Buda, TX 78610
- Prayes Majmudar
- Phone: (214) 446-8504 ext 401
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin/Buda • Buda, TX
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
COME BE PART OF OUR GROWING FAMILY! We offer bonus incentive programs for all positions and a comprehensive benefits package to all eligible full-time team members! If you are energetic, like to be recognized and have a passion for serving others, then please visit sevahos.com to learn more about our company and to see all of the employment opportunities we have to offer!
TITLE: General Manager
POSITION FOCUS: Manages the hotel’s overall operation through maintaining established cost and quality standards, maximizing profits, developing and retaining team members and exceeding guest expectations.
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE: Reports to: Seva Hospitality Operations Manager. Subordinates: Assistant General Manager; Director of Sales; Director of Housekeeping; Chief Engineer; Food and Beverage Director
· Manages all departments including the rooms, housekeeping, food and beverage, maintenance and other departments. Ensures all departments are profitable and maintain strong working relationships.
· Completes daily tasks required by the management company such as managing hotel daily accounting entries, confirming credit card and cash deposit capture, reviewing night audit reporting, ordering hotel supply and collecting accounts receivables on a timely basis.
· Helps create local and national marketing plans and pricing strategies and knows market segments. Responds quickly to changing market conditions and revises strategies accordingly.
· Actively participates in sales discussions, meetings and plans. Knows key account executives and business base. Knows monthly production levels for each sales person on the staff.
· Promotes hotel’s policies and philosophies to team members and guests through direct and indirect interaction.
· Helps create the hotel’s annual budget and monitors the performance of the hotel throughout the year.
· Produces monthly financial reports and knows at all times where the hotel stands against budget.
· Manages human resources functions of the hotel by controlling turnover, motivating team members, focusing on team member development and retention and conducting daily staff meetings.
· Protects the hotel and its assets through enforcing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
· Responds quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
· Follows company policies and procedures and is able to effectively communicate them to subordinates.
· Ensures hotel is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, including OSHA, EEOC, Wage Hour and Health laws
· Ensures good standing in the community by developing and maintaining relationships with community and civic organizations such as the Chamber of Commerce, other hotels, local schools and local government.
· Assists and is present during Quality Assurance reviews administered by the franchise.
· Conducts or assists in conducting staff meetings.
· Reviews team member performance and conducts personnel actions when necessary with the approval of the General Manager.
· Responsible for understanding and adhering to guidelines set forth in the team member handbook. Expected to report to work on scheduled days and at scheduled times.
· Observes the 5x10 rule, which is to be complied with at all times. Anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Certifications as required by franchise. Must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist clients. Occasional carrying and lifting of heavy items. May be required to work nights, weekends and holidays. Will be required to be on call when away from work.