Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Review complicated or unusual tax returns, tax documents, changing tax strategies and new tax laws
2. Oversee multiple tax project planning while keeping in mind individual client solutions where research and thought and past best practices yields best results
3. Prepare written correspondence and guidance for submission to the IRS or other taxing authorities
4. Trains, mentors and supervises staff as an industry expert and technical tax resource
5. Monitor tax law developments and communicate the effects to management and firm to maintain effective risk procedures over all aspects of the tax process
6. Gain complete understanding of firm policies and procedures
7. Other duties as assigned by Managing Partner
Education - Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance with an active Certified Public Accountant license – Advanced degree strongly preferred
Experience - Minimum of 10 years’ reviewing complicated tax returns. Proven project management skills with ability to multitask, prioritize and plan to meet re-occurring and changing deadlines. Track record for being a self-starter, reliable, improving efficiency and striving to continue to grow industry knowledge base.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities – Proficient in accounting software with strong Excel. Excellent interpersonal communication and written skills. Excellent attention to detail with accuracy of all information. Ability to present information both orally and in writing. Ability to work in a team environment and all levels of net worth. Must have initiative and the ability to make quality decisions.