To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
565 Abbott Road
Buffalo, NY 14220
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Clinical Laboratory Technologist
Catholic Health (Buffalo) • Buffalo, NY
Posted 20 days ago
Clinical Laboratory Technologist Generalist/Blood Bank – Buffalo Mercy URL (Catholic Health):
Primary responsibility is to perform tests on body fluids to provide information for the diagnosis and treatment of patients. Proper handling of specimens, which will be analyzed at a later time, is imperative. The ability to organize work to insure that priority testing is efficiently performed is required. Clinical Laboratory Technologists may also perform duties of Charge Technologists when called upon provided they have six (6) years experience as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist. Charge Technologist duties include operational functions such as patient and QC review, log sheet review, emergency scheduling, communications to other hospital officials as well as laboratory leadership, instrument service deployment authorization, safety related command, and other operational duties that require leadership action.
REPORTS TO: Automation Supervisor, Shift Supervisor, DI Supervisor, Transfusion Services/Blood Bank Supervisor, Laboratory Manager/Supervisor, Technical Director
SKILL AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM):
· B.S. degree in Medical Technology or related discipline required
· NYS Licensure required
· Clinical rotation from an accredited school, in a hospital setting
· Six (6) years clinical laboratory work experience if acting as a Charge Technologist
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
· Able to work safely with infectious and/or hazardous materials
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Customer focused
· Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment
· Ability to work in stressful situations is required
· Schedule flexibility is required
· Ability and means to travel among CH sites may be required