A growing, dynamic organization is seeking a strong Accounting Manager to join its progressive corporate accounting team. The Accounting Manager will report to the Corporate Controller and will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the following:
• Overall leadership and direction of the accounting staff, consisting of a team of general ledger
accountants and clerical professionals.
• Lead month-end closing activities, including review of various journal entries, variance analysis,
audit schedules and distribution of cost center reports and financial statements.
• Review balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis. Reconcile complex balance
sheet accounts and investigate/resolve variances.
• Review a variety of financial statements such as expense analysis, trial balances, balance sheets,
income statements and other related reports.
• Prepare, review, and distribute customized financial reports by established monthly deadlines while
ensuring for the quality, timeliness and integrity of data.
• Provides guidance on accounting matters such as implications of new accounting pronouncements
or classification of transactions.
• Evaluate monthly financial results with CFO & Controller noting business results and trends.
• Provide support for the monthly forecasts and annual budgets.
• Assist with monthly board reports.
• Lead the annual audit process and direct staff accordingly.
• Participate in documentation and testing of key internal controls.
• Perform special projects, as required, to assist the department and the Company in achieving its
goals and objectives.
The Accounting Manager will possess the following qualifications at a minimum:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• 5+ years of related accounting experience with demonstrated progression and past supervisory experience.
• CPA or CPA tracking preferred.
• Experience with Microsoft suite of products with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with ERP and reporting systems required.
• Excellent communication skills.
Please apply now for immediate consideration. On top of the exciting career opportunity, this organization offers a competitive compensation plan including strong benefits.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles