Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, R&D Financial Planning, Analysis and Reporting, the R&D Financial Analyst is responsible for consolidating and analyzing financial data (budgets, actuals, forecasts, etc.) pertaining to R&D activities, taking into account company’s goals and financial standards; consulting financial partners and business stakeholders to provide appropriate context; identifying trends, advising and recommending actions based on sound analysis to reduce costs and improve financial performance. Individual R&D Financial Analysts need to be aligned to specific platforms, R&D centers and regions.
Main purpose of this role is the preparation, development and analysis of management accounting information and provision of high-quality support service to R&D Financial Partners and cost center owners, fostering Innovation, Performance and Trust.
The R&D Financial Analyst will evolve in a matrix environment, with transversal R&D Finance responsibilities (accountability of cost items) and support to the R&D Finance Partners.
• Prepare, review and distribute monthly financial reports to relevant organization units
• Prepare monthly consolidation and executive financial presentations
• Improve financial status by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends and recommending actions to management based on sound analysis
• Reconcile transactions by comparing data to check that data are reliable
• Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
• Ensure budget holders understand key financial concepts and information and assist in preparation of budget templates
• Assist in the budget & reforecast process
• Maintain budget and reforecast information in the reporting system
• Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models
• Drive process improvement and development initiatives that impact the function
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics required.
Experience in Controlling, financial analysis, change management, or project finance and 3 years’ experience in reporting, consolidation and financial analysis; Accounting/GAAP/IFRA knowledge
• Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications
• Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
• Ability to communicate financial issues with non-finance professionals and volunteers
• Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis
• Able to manage change and risk
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to influence and persuade
• Good planning and organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize workload and meet strict deadlines
• Knowledge of ERP systems and related technologies
• Excellent time management and organizational ability
• Ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines
• Work in a matrix environment
Use Statistical Method