If you have vacuum coating experience, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a “Best Place to Work” in the area where the products you work on will save lives and make the world safer!
Everything you work on here makes an impact – from the tiny optical components used in smoke detector sensors or the lenses used on security camera domes, to the optical face shields used by firefighters, first responders, the military and motorsport enthusiasts.
MXL Industries, Inc. is seeking an experienced Vacuum Coating Technician for the 2nd shift at their manufacturing facility in Lancaster, PA.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay – $20 - $30 per hour
- Benefits – Medical, dental, vison, life, disability insurances, 401k with employer match, Health Savings Account, Paid Time Off, holidays, family picnic in summer, team appreciation dinner in January, participation in the annual Best Places to Work in PA survey, team charitable events and fundraising, and more.
- Excellent employer reputation – Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” 10 times in the last 13 years!
- Culture – At MXL you will encounter a culture focused on dignity, respect, safety, quality, and teamwork.
- Great location – Lancaster, PA is nestled in the Pennsylvania Dutch Country, where you will find the oldest Amish settlement in the US, outdoor adventure, amusement parks, the bounty of local farms, art, history, culture, and more.
- Impact of your work – Vision is a critical element in the success of each individual soldier, sailor, airman, or marine. Whether the task is as complex as ensuring a pilot can bet his life on his heads-up-display or as routine as a soldier’s clear, uncompromised vision in his gas mask, MXL manufactured optics provide clear, undistorted, flawless function.
- Hours – 2nd Shift: Monday-Thursday 1:00PM to 11:30PM.
- Relocation assistance may be provided to well-qualified candidates.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! Apply now!
- Sets up, operates, and maintains vacuum deposition chambers and coating operations for production, and engineering to coat optical plastic products with optical materials such as chromium, silicon dioxide, zirconium dioxide, titanium oxide, aluminum, aluminum dioxide, gold, magnesium fluoride, etc. which provide the required customer specifications of light transmission and reflectance.
- Prepares procedures and estimates time for assignments; may follow standard practice or be an original.
- Tests vacuum systems and related electronics to ensure that they are operating properly.
- Performs equipment maintenance such as cleaning chamber, E-guns, shielding, fixtures, and lubricating any moving parts as necessary.
- Reads production schedules to determine setups of vacuum equipment.
- Measures and masks areas in the chamber (baffles) to be excluded from optical coating.
- Adjusts E-guns for proper operation and fills crucibles with the required optical materials, installs required shielding, etc., in order to set up vacuum deposition chamber.
- Measures or weighs optical materials, using scales and calculators.
- Replaces worn parts and adjusts equipment components, using hand tools, and/or electronic test meters, as necessary.
- Loads parts onto fixtures and then places fixtures into chamber for vacuum deposition processing.
- Monitors gauges and chamber to ensure that they are operating properly during the coating process; makes adjustments or stops machine when problems occur.
- Removes fixtures from chamber and removes parts from fixtures, inspects and verifies conformance to specifications.
- Examines completed parts to determine reflectivity using witness plaques, and transmission, thickness of coating deposits, by using instruments such as Filmetrics Thin Film Analyzer and Spectrophotometers.
About the Company: MXL Industries has earned a reputation for manufacturing high quality optical plastic products for 50 years. They design and build optical injection molds, perform optical injection molding, apply specialty coatings, rout, and assemble. They use various optical resins such as polycarbonate, acrylic, Apec, and polystyrene and are able to mold in laser eye protection (LEP) dyes for various commercial and military applications. They dip coat, flow coat, spin coat, and vacuum deposit parts using abrasion resistant, anti-fog, NFPA, metalization, anti-reflective, and partially reflective coatings.
MXL Industries, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
MXL IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
If you have the following, they want to hear from you:
- Previous experience with vacuum deposition or vacuum chambers or thin film coating.
- Direct experience using optical measurement systems as applied to thin film coatings, such as Filmetrics optical measuring system, spectrophotometers, interferometers, and microscopes.