The Lighting Control Specialist (Boston, Massachusetts) will develop and layout takeoffs and price materials for lighting controls in order to provide accurate bids for the lighting control portion of a project. The Lighting Control Specialist will also follow up on bid projects and provide interaction with estimating, purchasing, engineers, suppliers and clients, as appropriate.
Lighting Control Specialist Responsibilities
- Read and interpret job plans and specifications to develop complete and accurate lighting control design and takeoff to prepare bids for the electrical construction of projects utilizing information from the takeoff.
- Provide post bid follow up on projects; negotiate scope and pricing with clients, provide value engineering and/or scope modifications for projects.
- Interact with construction team through the budgeting and kickoff process and as necessary throughout project.
Lighting Control Specialist Compensation
- Dependent on experience and work history.
- Benefits include health, dental, life, disability, and employer-matched 401k.
- Relocation assistance opportunities available.
- 3+ years experience with lighting control projects.
- Proficient in Lighting controls (Ashrae, Iesna, LEES); Excel, Microsoft Word, Bluebeam and AutoCAD
- Consistently searching for new business opportunities
- Ability to analyze estimating material to determine accurate levels to use based upon each project’s individual characteristics, location and/or profit potential.
- Knowledge of lighting controls systems and products: Crestron, Lutron, Nueht, Wattstopper, etc.