VP of Revenue Cycle Management Operations
This position is with a very large, multi state healthcare group.
Currently this system is in need of a VP of Revenue Cycle Management. The VP of RCM provides leadership and direction for revenue cycle initiatives and manages all day-to-day RCM activities across the enterprise. This person leads, through collaboration, the implementation of comprehensive and compliant revenue cycle processes that benefit patients, billing, and collections activities.
- Oversees coordination and standardization, work integration, change management, issue resolution, measurement and communication related to revenue cycle processes, programs, and deliverables.
- Develops overall vision and implementation plans to effectively support organizational strategies for new ancillary line of business offerings requiring billing capability. Facilitates development and implementation plans to operationalize revenue cycle initiatives and strategies.
- Identifies and develops necessary infrastructure to support implementation of strategies. Coordinates efforts with operations, business development, compliance, coding and other functions to establish organization-wide metrics, processes, procedures, templates and collaborative tools to support revenue cycle.
- Directs the Patient Accounts function.
- Implements necessary internal controls to ensure regulatory and policy compliance.
- Implements plans/projects to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness. Monitors and reports status and progress to supervisor.
- Identifies opportunities to leverage systems, processes, standardization or other vehicles to lower cost while maintaining or improving customer service.
- Researches and analyzes data to determine where problems exist. Audits billing documentation and data. Develops solutions. Provides follow-up training, changes in procedures. Prepares reports to management.
- Hires, trains, supervises, counsels, disciplines, and terminates assigned staff as appropriate.
- Communicates goals, objectives, accountabilities, priorities, and authority parameters to assigned staff.
- Directs Revenue Cycle Management operations to ensure alignment with the mission, values and objectives of the department and organization.
- Communicates key issues and provides status updates to various leadership groups and stakeholders.
- Minimum eight (8) years of revenue cycle, financial operations management, internal control or related field experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, accounting, finance, business administration or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- Knowledge of insurance, managed care and integrated delivery systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in change management, conflict resolution, creativity/innovation, decision making, group presentations, group process facilitation, influence, interpersonal relations, oral communication, problem solving, process improvement, project management, results orientation, systems thinking, team building, and written communication
WHAT CANDIDATES SAY ABOUT THIS RECRUITER:
Bud has gone out of his way to find opportunities that are much more highly geared towards my odd and rare specialties. Kudos to him. I would highly recommend Mr. Harrison to anyone in the job market seeking healthcare executive placement. He LISTENS to what your goals and aspirations are and then formulates a plan surrounding just that.
Sean, Director of Neuro/ICU in Tennessee
Complex Problem Solving