To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
940 Avenue 64
Pasadena, CA 91105
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Teacher's Assistant I
Hillsides • Pasadena, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Hillsides is dedicated to healing children and young adults, strengthening families, and transforming communities through quality comprehensive services and advocacy.
In exchange for your skill and experience, Hillsides offers an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Medical insurance with a $10 premium per paycheck for employee only coverage plan
- Dental insurance 100% employer paid for HMO employee only coverage plan
- Life and AD&D insurance 100% employer paid up to two times the annual salary
- Flexible Spending Account with $500 roll-over limit
- 401 k with no wait period, 5% employer match cap and no vesting schedule
- 12 paid holidays per year and generous paid time off policy accruing up to 22 days off annually
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
The essential functions include:
- Provide general support to the teacher
- Provide small group and individualized instruction
- Prepare instructional materials for students
- Supervise students in all activities
- Maintain appropriate student behavior
- Be prepared to act as a driver on a rotational basis
- Engage in recreational and/or therapeutic sports activities with clients as needed
- Able to drive for prolonged periods, stretch, reach, push, pull, bend, carry, lift, run, and walk
- Other duties as required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Communication Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, office personnel, other employees and the general public
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret manuals and office documents
Mental/Interpersonal Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to define problems, gather, transcribe and post data, analyze, synthesize and classify information, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to work independently and with others - including other employees, clients and members of the public -- in face-to-face and telephonic contexts
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and manage time, meet deadlines and perform duties under time constraints
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing work demands
- Maintain high level of concentration and attention to detail for extended periods of time
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Maintain a high level of ethical and professional standards in accordance with agency and community policy
Physical Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to talk or hear in order to give and receive information and instructions
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
- Ability to use computer keyboard up to 30% of the day
- Visual acuity, ability to adjust focus and peripheral vision for work on a laptop or other computer equipment
- Lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
Equipment and Computer Software Skills and Abilities:
- Computer literate (basic working knowledge of Microsoft WORD, Excel, and Outlook)
- Able to use telephone, office copier, calculator, fax machine, computer printer and scanner, or other equipment as required
- Regularly work indoors in a variety of environments
- Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES & TRAINING
- BA/BS Degree
- Experience working in a Special Education setting
- Experience working with students identified with Emotional Disturbance (ED), Specific Learning Disability (SLD), or Other Health Impaired (OHI) related disability preferred
- Valid California drivers license, driving record and personal vehicle insurance acceptable to Hillsides' insurance carrier
TRAUMA INFORMED CARE (TIC)
Hillsides practices Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles which recognizes the signs, symptoms, and widespread impact of trauma; Employees are asked to comprehensively integrate knowledge of Trauma Informed Care into policies, procedures, and practices with the goal to prevent re-traumatization which promotes healing of families, youth, individuals, and communities.
This position performs tasks that may involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. All Hillsides employees are offered the opportunity to receive the Hepatitis B vaccination series.
Hillsides is an Equal Opportunity Employer