Our Client, a premier supplier of specialty grains, beans and legumes is seeking a proven leader to fill the role of VP of Operations. This role will manage 2 manufacturing sites, warehousing and a team of 100+ in the Northern California area.
· Provide day-to-day operational leadership and management to support the mission and core values of the company.
· Lead the operational team to achieve and surpass operational goals, profitability, cash flow and overall business objectives.
· Partner with Food Safety & Quality Assurance to maintain A+ BRC ratings at the company's California facilities in line with the organization's "Quality First" model.
· Partner with Culinary and Technical Services to deliver product innovation to our customers
· Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all our operations processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the facilities and team under your supervision.
· Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes for Operations in alignment with the organizational strategic plan.
· Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, product development and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
· Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company. Motivate, lead and retain a high performance operational team
· Lead and collaborate on capital planning and execution to enable the company to meet growth and market share objectives.
· Direct and participate in acquisition and growth activities to support overall business objectives and plans.
· Partner with sales leaders, culinary and technical services to support customer needs including maintaining a high level of urgency for problem solving and a systematic approach to maintain and enhance our unique value proposition.
· Develop, establish, and direct execution of operating policies to drive consistency and efficiency in meeting customer expectations.
· Minimum BS/BA degree, an advanced degree, such as a Food Processing Engineer or MBA, is preferred.
· 15 + years of experience with plant operations, 5 in a senior leadership position
· Experience leading organizational transformation projects and business development.
· Food processing industry and/or agricultural commodities experience is required. Specialty Food along with a diverse background is a plus.
· Experience managing CAPEX projects
· Work experience within both small and large organizations, is preferred.
Location: Northern California, relocation assistance is available.
Travel: Weekly trips to ancillary plant (about 1 hour away). Quarterly visits to Midwest operations site.
Compensation: A very competitive compensation is offered commensurate with experience as well as bonus structure and benefit program.