To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Orlando, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Eligibility Specialist / Social Worker
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Eligibility Specialist / Social Worker
$16.34 per hour
Manpower of Central Florida is current seeking an Eligibility Specialist for an Orlando based social service agency.
Under general supervision, performs various administrative and clerical duties related to screening initial applicants and existing tenants to determine eligibility for Section 8 program housing in accordance wit pre-defined regulations and requirements.
What you will do:
- Perform screening to determine eligibility of new applicants to fill program vacancies; receives applications; enters data into computer; schedules and conducts interviews.
- Conducts re-certification/screening of existing tenants to determine continued eligibility and appropriate rent increases: conducts re-certification interviews; downloads information from computer; requests unit inspections and compares rent reasonableness of proposed rent to comparable units in community.
- Reviews financial/personal documents/information of all clients and compares to pre-established standards and verifies information.
- Qualifies or denies eligibility of new applicants accordingly; selects most qualified from waiting list; makes housing arrangements to appropriate bedroom sized units; calculates rent payments and deposits for applicants; types agreements for new applicants; explains documents to applicants.
- Qualifies or denies continued eligibility of existing tenants accordingly; changes contract rent and utility allowance as needed; notifies tenants and landlords of new data; ensures leases / contracts are signed according to administrative plan; records changes in data for families who move.
- Refers clients to other social service agencies as needed.
- Contacts site managers to confirm vacancies, rent calculations, and security deposits.
- Communicates with supervisor, employees, other departments, clients, site managers, employers, child care facilities, government agencies, the public and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information and or resolve problems.
- Prepares or completes various forms, reports, correspondence and logs.
- Assists at front desk as needed.
- Attend hearing as an impartial witness as needed.
- Assists in training other staff members.
- Makes visits to homebound tenants as needed.
- Other related duties as needed.
social services, social worker, property manager, leasing agent, caseworker
- BA Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Sociology or Criminal Justice
- Must have Case Management / Case Worker experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel; type 40 wpm
- Ability to communicate and write correspondence (letter & emails) on a professional level
- Must be able to pass agency certification with one year.
- Must have 7 year clean criminal background check, clean driving record and pass a drug screen
What’s the Next Step?
Interested candidates are to apply directly to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
We love referrals so please share our opportunities with friends and family! Also, check out Manpower's career platform with tools and resources to prepare you for today and tomorrow's jobs at www.manpower.com/mypath.
Follow us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/altamontespringsmanpower
For more than 60 years, Manpower has been a world leader in employment services dedicated to enriching people's lives with meaningful employment and providing companies with innovative workforce solutions. It’s time to explore the possibilities with Manpower!