The Process Engineers are responsible for the successful execution of processes and projects to help achieve company strategy, commitments, and goals. This includes monitoring safety, quality, environmental impact, delivery, and product cost for the products manufactured in the multipurpose plants on site. Key aspects of the role include process improvement, downtime reduction, operator training, trial execution, inventory accuracy, and equipment efficiency.
Chemical Engineer with process engineering background in chemicals processing. Ideally will have experience with a diverse number of unit operations and ability and experience mentoring and developing younger engineers.
- Experience in a chemical manufacturing environment working directly with hourly employees and operators. Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Technically competent with various statistical software programs, such as Minitab.
- Ability to conduct material and energy balances on process unit operations.
- Familiar with DCS control system a plus.
- Hazardous chemical experience is highly desired.
- Fluent in all Microsoft Office applications a must.
- Demonstrated communication and human relation skills.
- Interact with other engineers, management, and all levels of production, and other departments.
- Strong urge to teach others while maintaining sense of humility and respect for experience level. Need to be a people person.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills that support effective decision making.
- Highly organized as demonstrated by meeting/exceeding deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills that support influence and facilitate teamwork, delegation, and adaptability.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
NOTE: We have opportunities similar to this one with a number of Fortune 500 clients in the chemical, refining and pharmaceutical sectors. They/We are always looking for candidates with credentials and experience similar to the above. We have positions for engineers who are seeking an opportunity to move in operations, engineering or production. So if the location or responsibilities of this position do not satisfy your present career desires, let us hear from you anyway, as other unadvertised positions may be of interest to you. We DO NOT contact our client companies on your behalf without your approval.
CAVEATS: Your experience must be as a direct employee of an operating chemical, refining, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, or closely related industry. You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident, and you must reside in the USA.
process engineer, chemical design engineer, chemical engineer, development engineer, controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, process development engineer, process controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, ChE, petrochemical, refinery, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, process plant, operations, maintenance.