Position: Transportation Planner
Duration: 12+ Months Contract (Possible Extension)
Location: 550 W Washington Blvd #201, Chicago, IL 60661
- Identify, develop, and monitor the transportation requirements for the movement of all raw materials, components, non-finished and finished goods shipments within the U.S., and to and from Canada and Mexico.
- Maintain high levels of service at a fair market cost.
- This position requires daily interaction with Supply Chain Managers, Customer Service, Planning, Logistics, and Transportation Companies on a regular basis to proactively assess and manage transportation related activity.
- This position requires excellent prioritization and organization skills, the ability to multi-task, and the ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced customer focused environment.
- Serve as transportation lead for specific shipping points to meet business needs
- Tender, track and report shipments utilizing TMS
- Monitor carrier performance; manage transportation related issues with customers
- Process and track shipments for expedites, out of territory, trans-ships, and returns
- Obtain rates from carriers for new lanes and setup lanes for load tendering
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline
- Experience in Product Supply, Customer Service, or a related field
- Experience with SAP R/3 and BW
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to interface with multiple levels of an organization internally and externally
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Strong analytical skills preferred
- Customer focused and results oriented
- (Track Management System)tms
- Manage Transportation
- Product Supply
- Sap R/3 And Bw
- Supply Chain