ChildNet Youth and Family Services, Inc. is currently seeking a Transporter/Visit Monitor position for our Foster Family Network program located in Riverside, CA.
Foster Family Network (FFN) provides various support services to FFN foster children, resource parents and their families.
The Transporter/Visit Monitor position will be responsible for the transportation of FFN foster children, as well as providing general driving support as needed. The position is responsible for the safety and supervision of foster children during visits with their biological and/or non-related extended family members as directed by the county, including necessary documentation of visits.
Transporter/Visit Monitor responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Transport foster children, as needed, for monitored family visitation or other required appointments.
- Provide close monitoring and supervision while foster children visit with members of their natural families or others, never leaving children unsupervised.
- Complete appropriate documentation of visit information on required forms.
- Perform other transportation and monitoring support duties as assigned.
- Assist social workers and supervisors, as needed, in maintaining foster child files and records.
- Maintain transportation records when using company vehicle including Mileage logs, Transportation Authorization Forms for school pick up, copies of gasoline and car wash receipts, etc.
- Check van prior to each trip for safety and complete Pre-Trip Inspection Report. Check emergency kits, hazard lights monthly to ensure they are functioning. Check to ensure vehicle registration, insurance and road side assistance documents are current.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
The Transporter/Visit Monitor shall possess:
- Minimum of one (1) year experience transporting clients/children.
- Knowledge of California driving laws and exercise safe driving practices.
- Maintain a current California Driver's License and a clean driving record.
- Availability to work later afternoon and evening hours (e.g., up to 7:30pm on occasion).
- Willingness to work additional hours as needed and available.
- Capability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Ability to carry, lift, pull and push up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Bilingual proficiency in speaking, reading, writing and understanding Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in residential care or foster care, or working with behaviorally challenged youth is preferred.
All employees must pass an employment TB, drug screen physical exam and Dept. of Justice/FBI/Child Abuse Index Search clearance. Underwriting requirements of this agency include keeping valid auto insurance on file and maintaining a good driving record while employed.
WHO WE ARE
ChildNet Youth & Family Services, is a nonprofit corporation headquartered in Long Beach, CA. We provide Counseling, Education, Foster Care and Residential Services to at-risk children. ChildNet has been at the forefront of providing innovative and quality care to thousands of deserving children and their families for over 45 years.
To provide safe homes, education and counseling to vulnerable children and families.
Are a diverse group of professionals who create a culture of caring with our clients and within the organization.
WHAT WE OFFER
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 403b with discretionary employer contribution after 2 years of service, Tuition Reimbursement, Mileage Reimbursement, Stability and Career Advancement, along with generous sick, vacation and holiday pay.
WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE! COME AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH US!