JOB TITLE: Mechanic (Warehouse)
LOCATION: Piscataway, NJ
Full time / perm
Please call TODD JONES at
Mechanical technician for their first shift with a background in PLC and circuit boards for an exiling direct hire career opportunity based in Piscataway, NJ. The candidate will work with plastic extrusion and converting machinery to improve operational reliability and solve production problems.
- Must have mechanic (warehouse) experience
- Install, servicing and repair conduits, wiring, and fixtures
- Install/repair (troubleshoot) control circuits. Ex. Relay logic, PLC, power contactors, etc.
- Conducting electronic inspections, tests, and repairs.
- Must have knowledge of PLC controls
- Must have knowledge of installing, repairing, and programming motor drives, AC/DC
- Programmable logic/automation controls
- Servicing motors and high voltage systems
- Experience with electrical work on environmental regulating systems, pumps, and industrial lighting systems
- Install, maintain and repair heavy-duty equipment and industrial communications systems
- Troubleshooting and repairing electrical components
- Troubleshooting: identify a problem and proffer logical solutions to them.
- Strong mechanical, analytical, and solution-driven skills
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical equipment and computer-controlled devices.
- Performs breakdown Maintenance.
- Understands and uses all aspects of the CMMS.
- Identify quality issues. Work towards solutions. Product and efficiencies.
- Be able to modify, alter or install equipment.
- Understand and become proficient in all plant PM's
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair any maintenance issue pertaining to process equipment
- Knowledge of PLC's hardware, operating status, and functionality (fault, I/O addressing, power supply, operation indicators).
- Strong Industrial Mechanic, Pneumatic, Hydraulic, and Electrical.
- Performance of other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies, and procedures.
- Strong mechanical aptitude for troubleshooting production issues, while minimizing downtime.
- Ability to work independently to perform preventative maintenance following written schedules and procedures
Please call TODD JONES at
- Label all inventory stocked in the warehouse
- Utilize the warehouse management/inventory control systems
- Utilize the warehouse management/inventory control system
- Assist with preparation of the warehouse for physical inventory
- Maintain inventory in a secured place within the warehouse
- Perform other general warehouse duties
- Inspect and store all warehouse stock
- Manage warehouse inventory ensuring appropriate inventory levels are maintained to support daily activities
- Maintain warehouse and shipping records and may use automated warehouse management system
- Maintain neat appearance of warehouse area
- Train and assist other warehouse personnel
- Perform warehouse cleaning and overall maintenance
- Assisting with vehicle repairs, small equipment repairs, trailers and wiring, warehouse appearance and other warehouse responsibilities
- Assisting with vehicle repairs, trailers and wiring, warehouse and truck appearance and other warehouse responsibilities
- Filling trucks and other warehouse responsibilities
- Oversee and maintain safety in the warehouse
- Maintaining the warehouse and flow of materials
- Comply with established warehouse and shipping processes
- Maintain warehouse inventory system assuring availability of stock and the accuracy of inventory and pricing information
- Maintain inventory in a secure place within the warehouse
- Repairing (Manual/Mechanical)