RBC Bearings is a well know international manufacturer and marketer of highly engineered precision plain, roller and ball bearings. We have been providing bearing solutions to our customers since 1919. Over the past ten years, under the leadership of our current management team, RBC Bearings has significantly broadened our end markets, products, customer base and geographic reach. We currently have 43 facilities, of which 36 are manufacturing facilities, in 6 countries. Our selling efforts are supported by a global network of sales engineers, distributors and authorized agents.
RBC Transport Dynamics, a subsidiary of RBC Bearings, located in Santa Ana, CA currently seeks a Manufacturing Process Technician for Second Shift.
Purpose & Scope
The Manufacturing Process Technician is responsible for maintaining resin production and testing the concentration of tank solutions. Additionally, MPT set ups, and adjusts manufacturing machinery or equipment, using any combinat5ion of electrical, electron, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or computer technologies.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Test products or subassemblies for functionality or quality.
- Troubleshoot problems with equipment, devices, or products.
- Collect hazardous or non-hazardous waste in correctly labeled barrels or other containers and transfer them to collection areas.
- Build product subassemblies or final assemblies.
- Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
- Set up and operate production equipment in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures.
- Assist engineers in developing, building, or testing prototypes or new products, processes, or procedures.
- Build packaging or finished products.
- Calibrate or adjust equipment to ensure quality production, using tools such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges, protractors, or ring gauges.
- Inspect finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications.
- Keep production logs.
- Mixing, handling and transferring resins/hazardous material from various containers and across different departments.
- Stores resins and properly labeled containers at appropriate temperature and in designated locations.
- Handles hazardous chemicals such ass bleach and various resin compounds safely.
- Properly disposes of chemicals following policies and procedures.
- Cleans tanks and creates new baths.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment not limited to, but including the Chemical Lab and Chemical Storage areas.
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Minimum 3 months of experience handling hazardous waste/chemicals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic math, chemistry and computer literacy.
- Willingness to work around hazardous materials.
- Ability to work independently and without extensive supervision.
- Detail-oriented: MUST be able to read recipes and follow instructions.
Physical and Environmental elements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee generally works indoors within the office and manufacturing areas. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The mo8ise level in the work environment is usually moderate or loud. Also, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or to hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
We offer competitive compensation end excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, vision and a company matched 401k plan.
Due to ITAR restrictions, this position requires that the employee must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident) or a Foreign Person for whom a license is obtained.
RBC Transport Dynamics
Attention To Detail
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)