Company Overview: Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Diesel Mechanic with successful and progressive experience in day-to-day preventative maintenance and repair of all types of heavy equipment including cranes, dirt, pile driving and other heavy construction equipment.
Position Summary: The successful candidate shall have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a mechanic and/or a combination of technical education and mechanical experience in heavy construction equipment.
- Complete understanding of heavy equipment repairs and rebuild process.
- Responsible for inspection, repairs, and performing an operational pre-check before putting equipment into service.
- Repairs of the lattice boom cranes to include mobilization and de-mobilization and all aspects of the hydraulic, mechanical & electrical systems.
- Responsible for inventory control on service truck.
- Must have the ability to research parts in manuals, complete material requisitions, follow-up on parts orders, as well as returning cores and unused parts.
- Must have open line of communication with Fleet Superintendent.
- Responsible for completing daily activity plans, identify job hazards, developing and meeting schedules.
- On-site repairs and maintenance at construction jobsite locations.
- Ability to operate equipment for repair purposes.
- Able to communicate effectively with clients and others.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment used in the construction industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to follow all safety requirements and knowledge of safe rigging practices.
- Must be able to work easily and skillfully with hands; climb and work at heights, work in confined spaces and around water.
- Confined Spaces
- Construction Engineering
- Electrical Installation Work
- Heavy Equipment