As a Home Health Occupational Therapist, you will:
- Assess/screen patient's daily living/work-related skills and develop therapeutic retraining programs with measurable objectives. Administer and interpret diagnostic and prognostic tests of function to patients in their homes or other settings to assist the physician in evaluating the patient’s level of function.
- Confer with the patient's physician and other health care team members and participate in development/revision of the Plan of Care Treatment.
- Provide therapeutic treatment and instruction to patients in accordance with physician orders to improve/restore strength, coordination, range-of-motion and function or teach compensation measures.
- Review/expand the retraining programs in a manner consistent with the behavioral goals of each patient and within the guidelines of the rehabilitation program as a whole.
- Consult with other vocational team members, as appropriate, to develop and implement vocationally oriented plans consistent with the needs and capabilities of patients.
- Report patient status and progress to the physician, rehabilitation staff, Clinical Manager, patient and family members.
- Participate in care coordination and discharge planning activities and act as a resource to other health care personnel in meeting patient's needs.
- Design community reintegration activities to assist the client in the physical reconditioning effort, and/or the psychological adjustment and coordinate the plan with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Recommend and/or design special adaptive equipment for clients to improve residence or working environments or improve their participation in the rehabilitation program and/or community.
- Design/train staff and family members to carry out the retraining program including dressing, feeding, grooming and hygiene skills, participate in team and family educational meetings.
- Coordinate/oversee/supervise/instruct and evaluates Occupational Therapy Assistant and Home Health Aide performance in implementing occupational therapy services.
- Accurately and thoroughly document patients' care observations, interventions and evaluation on the day services are rendered. Ensure that interim (verbal) orders received from the physician are accurately documented and implemented. Submit evaluation, treatment plans and discharge summary to the supervisor and care management staff.
- Degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy Program
- A minimum of six months of occupational therapy experience preferred
- Home Health experience a plus
- Current and unrestricted OT licensure
- Current CPR certification
- Good organizational and communication skills
- This role requires full COVID-19 vaccination
Together, we can raise the bar on home healthcare
CenterWell™ Home Health (formerly Kindred at Home), is one of the nation’s leading providers of home care, with an incredible team of compassionate clinicians who deliver high-quality, specialty care to patients. Many of our clinicians live in the same neighborhoods they serve – providing the much-needed care to people in their community.
As a company, we strive to lead by example and show employees the same compassion and care we expect them to show patients. We provide employees the resources, stability, and job flexibility they truly deserve. We help them fulfill their personal and professional goals while enjoying industry-leading benefits, competitive salaries, opportunities for career and professional growth, and a healthy work/life balance.
Part of Humana’s Home Solution business
CenterWell Home Health cares for nearly 80,000 patients every day in over 350 locations, across 38 states. As part of Humana Inc., we create experiences that put patients at the center, working in collaboration with healthcare providers to bring multidisciplinary care directly to the comfort and safety of home. The result is easy, comprehensive and personalized care that helps patients lead healthier, happier lives.
Caring for people who care for our patients
Experience has shown us that supporting and nurturing employees helps them become the best version of themselves and more compassionate, committed home health professionals. That’s why CenterWell Home Health never stops working to improve the employee experience. Our people are our greatest resource, and we are committed to creating an environment they enjoy stepping into every day.
World-class employee benefits
- Competitive pay and benefits package
- 50% matching 401(k) contributions up to 6%
- Career advancement opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Advanced Continuing Education (CE) accredited training
Join Our Team!
Check out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of our Home Health team - [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Occupational Therapist Home Health PRN
To learn more, please contact your local recruiter at (toll-free)
855-563-2846 or apply online. Our Recruiters are ready to help you start a new and rewarding career with CenterWell Home Health.
- Adaptive Equipments
- Care Coordination
- Clinical Works
- Home Care