Join a member-driven leader in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment with the shared mission of supporting America’s network of rural electric cooperatives. Since its formation in 1969, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, or CFC, located in Dulles, Virginia, has provided capital and industry-leading financial products to more than 900 not-for-profit, consumer-controlled utility systems across the United States. Our exceptional team delivers the “CFC Difference” that encompasses our values of service, integrity and excellence in all our interactions.
CFC has a need for a Internal Audit Manager in the CEO - Internal Audit group. In this position you will have the opportunity to assist the Vice President, Internal Audit & ERM (VP-I/A) in the planning, performance, and reporting of operational audit activities and manage the internal auditors.
As a Internal Audit Manager, you will:
• Manage planning, fieldwork, and reporting phases of audits and special projects as assigned by the VP-I/A.
• Coordinate development of testing plans for SOX 404 controls with SOX 404 Reporting Lead.
• Assist in the performance of the annual risk assessment.
• Develop multi-year audit plan and strategic objectives.
• Develop and monitor annual audit and special project schedule.
• Perform follow-up on assigned management action items.
• Manage staff auditors and assist in their professional and career development.
To be successful, you will need:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a business related field.
• At least 7 years of auditing experience with at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
• Operational auditing experience in financial services companies is highly desired.
• Must have obtained the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Certification and status must be active.
• Professional Certification such as Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA), or Certified in Controls Self Assessments (CCSA) is desired.
• Knowledge of, and the ability to apply, accounting and audit practices and principles.
• Knowledge of IT application and general computing controls.
• Proven ability to draft and review audit and special project reports.
• Strong data analytics skills and experience working with IDEA or other tools.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes short-term and long-term incentive opportunities; an employer-paid pension plan; 401(k); medical, dental and vision insurance; a generous leave policy; onsite gym; and more—all in a friendly, professional work environment. For additional information, please visit our website at www.nrucfc.coop.
CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.