Our client company exists to create a more sustainable future by helping communities better manage and beneficially re-use their organic waste. Their vision is to find the highest and best use for the 500 million tons of organic materials produced in North America each year. The company operates facilities in the Mid-Atlantic and West Coast of the US, and in Ontario and British Columbia, Canada. They have a management team with deep experience in composting, renewable energy, supply chain management, engineering, law and finance. Over the years the company has become a destination employer for more than 450 people in the US and Canada. The enterprise has grown rapidly since its founding in 2008 and has garnered awards for its business of energy generation and soil revitalization.
The company has an immediate need for a Plant Operator responsible for operation of the Biogas Plant, including receiving feedstock, monitoring the anaerobic digestion process, operating dewatering equipment, performing routine repairs, and monitoring the wastewater treatment system. The shift schedule is seven days on/seven days off.
Please note: The ideal candidate for this position would have a Class C Wastewater Operator License and the mechanical and electrical skills to repair the plant if it does down when they're there by themselves. We can teach the wastewater operator skills. You would not be considered without the mechanical and electrical skills.
Position Essential Functions:
• Receiving feedstock and preparing it to enter the digestion process.
• Performing transfers between various process stages to ensure effective, continuous production of biogas.
• Operate CHP equipment to maximize electrical output to the grid.
• Operate and monitor supporting processes such as dewatering equipment and the wastewater treatment system.
• Perform housekeeping duties including but not limited to general cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
• Previous experience in powerplant operation and/or utilization.
• This is a "hands-on toolbelt" position for someone not afraid to get their hands dirty
• C Wastewater Certification is a plus but not required
• Experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
• HS Diploma required. Post-secondary education would be a plus.
• Experience with mechanical and electrical systems.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Advanced problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills.