Our client is a global retailer having been around for over 60 years, headquartered in the northwest suburbs! The target demographic has expanded over the years and presents a significant opportunity for advancement and change. The business has made strategic partnerships which has triggered rapid growth and new leadership has focused on making technology a top priority. It is an exciting time as the organization leverages new markets and continues growth globally.
You will be coming in during a complete digital transformation of the organization’s global infrastructure. You will help shape the overall re-design and development of the networks which means your ideas and voice will be heard.
You will act as the Lead Engineer for the North America networks. You will be a hands-on member of the team, providing mentorship to more junior engineers and stepping in as an escalation point when needed. You will work with leadership to plan, design, and execute a predominantly Cisco and Fortinet environment and oversee day-to-day operations. In addition to your technical skills being put to use, you must be an out-of-the box thinker with a unique approach to problem solving.
· LAN, WAN, WLAN
· Cisco Routers, routing protocols, switches, and wireless infrastructure
· Network security (Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, and Fortinet firewalls)
· Retail POS Systems
· Monitoring Solutions (SolarWinds)
· Cisco CUCM Call Manager
· DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, DMVPN, HSRP, BGP, EIGRP
· Server and Networking Principals
· Data Center Networking configuration and design (Disaster Recovery)
· Load Balancing (CitrixADC a plus!)
· Network Management tools (sniffers, monitoring platforms)
· PIC Standards and Compliance
· Day-Day Operation Support
· Certifications Highly Preferred – MCSE, CCNA, VCP, VCIP, ITIL, CISSP, CISM
Sounds like you…let’s chat?