· Design and deployment of AWS cloud infrastructure using industry best practices for security, performance, fault tolerance and high availability
· Delivery of Cloud infrastructure strategies aligned with business objectives with a focus on Cloud migrations and automation
· Design, implement and support systems and application monitoring systems
· Provide leadership in infrastructure methodologies and techniques including migrations, rebuilds or re-architecture/refactoring
· Design, implementation and support of infrastructure automation using modern DevOps tools and methodologies
· Research new cloud technologies and prototype solutions that can be leveraged to decrease costs and increase performance
· Advise on and implement systems and strategies for compliance with HIPAA/HITECH and PCI-DSS
· Mentor existing staff on Linux administration, cloud computing best practices and technology to drive cloud adoption
· Conduct all job tasks, duties, and interactions with professionalism, respect, a positive attitude, and in accordance with company compliance policies and applicable government regulations
· Consistently support and demonstrate the company mission and values
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Maintains knowledge of current industry best practices; disseminate and apply information as needed.
· Identifies and communicates ideas for improved efficiency and performance.
· Provides backup support for the IT team members as directed.
· Completes and/or participates in special projects.
· Participates in company-sponsored events, committees, meetings, etc.
Required Education, Skills, & Experience
· BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
· 3+ years of AWS system administration experience with emphasis on ec2, VPC, IAM, SQS, s3, RDS, CloudWatch, Storage Gateway
· 5+ years of Linux system administration experience
· Experience with automation with tools like Ansible, Terraform or similar
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Vpc)
Amazon Simple Queue Service (Sqs)
Amazon Relational Database Service